Back to work

I’m doing a bit of limping at the moment, forklift at the moment but it will be class 2 as of next week. I’m going for a permanent job on Monday at a local quarry driving a concrete mixer, so if anyone has any experience of that type of work I would be interested to hear about it. I’ve done 3 days this week doing multi drop night shifts taking stationery to shops and the like. It was pretty hard to be fair, finding sheds in the back yards of shops in the pitch black middle of the night and entering premises then panicking listening to the beeps, frantically looking for the alarm boxes. Easy job in a little 7.5, but hard work because the Sat nag always takes you to the front of the shops which 7/10 times is not where you need to be. My trusty a to z and Google maps sorted it out though.

I have a question for Pete, some time in the next couple of months I want to do a refresher for my class 1. I passed a couple of years ago and haven’t been in one since. I was thinking about a full days training to go over things before I give the agency the go ahead to send me out in an artic. How much would that cost? And do you think one day would suffice? Or would I be better doing a days driving and a days reversing? Or would that be overkill?

Half a day with real life reversing will be enough for most - even those with over 10 years of not driving one