Tacho issues

Started my first job in a 7.5, week after passing class 2. I was suppose to be manned up in a 18 t but out of no where he put me in the deep end. No experience driving 7.5 let alone anything big or multi dropping! So my tacho i messed up, think i had correct breaks, didnt do any manual inputs either… any ways to fix before i go back for another day tomorrow?

No.

More polite response, you can’t change anything already recorded on the tacho. In the morning just take you time, don’t be pushed into racing out the yard.

Make a note of when you need breaks and put it somewhere you will see it, on the dash or similar. When you have a break, update it.

Slow and steady is always best.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

El Deano:
No.

More polite response, you can’t change anything already recorded on the tacho. In the morning just take you time, don’t be pushed into racing out the yard.

Make a note of when you need breaks and put it somewhere you will see it, on the dash or similar. When you have a break, update it.

Slow and steady is always best.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

What im going to do now, spent hour looking at tacho guides on youtube so got the jist now, also will i get fined?

What exactly have you messed up :confused:

You say you think you had the correct breaks but did you put them into the tachograph by changing the mode switch ?

Anyway you can’t change anything now, you probably need to do a couple of printouts and write an explanation on them, but without knowing what you think you’ve messed up it’s hard to be more helpful.

tachograph:
What exactly have you messed up :confused:

You say you think you had the correct breaks but did you put them into the tachograph by changing the mode switch ?

Anyway you can’t change anything now, you probably need to do a couple of printouts and write an explanation on them, but without knowing what you think you’ve messed up it’s hard to be more helpful.

I messed up alot, had some lorry driver today print me out the paper, i had 3 or 4 breaks. One lasted 1 minute, the other 5, 14 and 45 in a space off 10 hours… and today it said i did 4.5 hours driving on my second delivery but luckily had 45 min dead on 4.5 hours, only after driving for about 2. Even the guy today didnt know how

We may be able to see where you went wrong if you post the printout.

If you do scan and post the printout be sure to hide any personal information on the printout before posting it :wink:

There you go, if need a better picture let me know, indidnt start my day till about 5:50-6.05 either.

RyanPP:
I messed up alot, had some lorry driver today print me out the paper, i had 3 or 4 breaks. One lasted 1 minute, the other 5, 14 and 45 in a space off 10 hours… and today it said i did 4.5 hours driving on my second delivery but luckily had 45 min dead on 4.5 hours, only after driving for about 2. Even the guy today didnt know how

I can’t see a 45 minute break so I’ve no idea where you’ve got that from :confused:

A 45 minute driving break can be split into 2 parts, the fist part must be at-least 15 minutes and the second part must be at-least 30 minutes, and they must be taken in that order.

As far as I can see you did 6 hours 28 minutes driving with a valid break of 36 minutes, you’ll get an infringement for that but just accept it and learn from it.

You appear to have taken the driver card out and put it back in at 11:58, only take the card out if there’s a good reason for doing so and if you take the card out you need to do a manual entry for the time it was out of the tachograph.

It could be a lot worse but do keep an eye on your breaks, especially the driving breaks :wink:

He would have had a long enough break but broke it up 36 minutes into it by ejecting the card and shoving it back in again and not doing a manual entry for some reason only known to the op .

bald bloke:
He would have had a long enough break but broke it up 36 minutes into it by ejecting the card and shoving it back in again and not doing a manual entry for some reason only known to the op .

Oh yes I missed that … think I need a trip to Specsavers :smiley: :wink:

Why is there a question mark at the bottom with 5h18m when there are only two ? entries one for 28 minutes and one for 1 minute?

ContainerBoy:
Why is there a question mark at the bottom with 5h18m when there are only two ? entries one for 28 minutes and one for 1 minute?

It’s a 24 hour printout with 00:00 to 04:49 marked with the ? symbol.

It’s a 2012/2013 vehicle so it may be the older type of tachograph that automatically records the ? symbol for time there’s no driver card in the tachograph.

I removed the top part of the printout to remove personal information, hence you cannot see that it’s a 24 hour printout with 00:00 to 04:49 marked with the ? symbol :wink: