"HGV Training"

Has anyone heard of this company? When you phone them they seem to have a panel of telesales personnel as one can hear the background.

The first time I phoned them they said they had a training branch in Newark… nearest to me. Another time they said nearest was far side of Peterborough. Seemed to get rather curt when I asked if the instructor was registered (as I have learnt they only have to be registered after a period of time). They currently offer HGV C+E for deposit of £10 (sometimes they say £30).

Try the Forum sponsor Peter Smythe training as they’re just above Nottingham
adserver.adtech.de/adlink/1260/6 … ing.co.uk/
P/s HGV TRAINING is a broker not a school avoid

They are a BROKER who are sales people not trainers based in an office who work like this …
Quote you for a course = seems to be a competitive price BUT what they dont tell you is that is for only 4 days total whereas a LGV training school has the course for almost the same price for 5 days
The broker makes a days training money out of you for simply fixing you up with a proper training school :open_mouth:

NEVER PART WITH ANY MONEY UNTIL YOU HAVE VISITED THE SCHOOL - UNLESS IT IS A HIGHLY RECOMMENDED SCHOOL such a forum sponsor for this forum

Hi

Just to add that you are welcome anytime Monday - Friday 0730 - 1700 to visit, chat to trainers, support staff and have a look at some trucks. Above all, look at the facilities. Test centre on site (the first one in the UK) so zero time spent going backwards and forwards to reach test areas. You practice your reversing on exactly the same bit of concrete as you test. Huge advantage.

All trainers fully trained, qualified, registered and continually updated.

On top of that, full Starter Pack for just £200. Plus you get 10% of all our courses when you quote your Trucknet name.

Got to be worth a look, surely?

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Peter Smythe:
Hi

Just to add that you are welcome anytime Monday - Friday 0730 - 1700 to visit, chat to trainers, support staff and have a look at some trucks. Above all, look at the facilities. Test centre on site (the first one in the UK) so zero time spent going backwards and forwards to reach test areas. You practice your reversing on exactly the same bit of concrete as you test.

Huge advantage.

I’d certainly agree with that.

Just emailed you and hope to chat tomorrow.

Don’t go to HGV Training. They are sales people. They offer you the course for just £10 and then payment plan which means, you’ll pay roughly 2-3 times more than original price for the course. They waste time, they are just broker and they don’t have anything in common with driving.

Go to Peter Smythe if you can. They have modern, built for purpose training centre. Their professional staff will make your journey to your driving licence as smooth as possible. I contacted with them few weeks ago and now I’m looking forward for my training.