Agency wants to send me on refresher course

Hi guys, just wondered if you could get your thoughts on the following

I’ve rang up a few agencies since passing my Cat C 3/4 weeks ago, one I’ve spoken to today about an advertised vacancy has told me that before I could do any work for them I’d have to go on a 1 day driving refresher course for insurance purposes. The woman on the phone did say it would be paid for by them so I wouldn’t be out of pocket (whether that’s true or not because surely a days driving for every applicant would cost them a fortune).

Just wondering if anybodies heard of anything like this before? It’s the only agency that’s asked me to do it and it seems like overkill considering I’ve only just had training and passed my test.

Cheers

Go for it

is it pertemps?

They like new pass to go to their driving academy to show competent to go on their driver negligence insurance.

Regardless, its a days paid driving so I would go for it

If they’re paying do it even just for the fun :smiley:

kcrussell25:
is it pertemps?

They like new pass to go to their driving academy to show competent to go on their driver negligence insurance.

Yes mate it’s pertemps, do you know where their driving academy is based?

I suspect it’s just the course they will be paying for, not your time…

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Redrum:

kcrussell25:
is it pertemps?

It’s in Crick, you’ll be driving a 26 tonner with a 4 over 4 gear box, it’s quite simple really. They just want to make sure you can drive safely and efficiently, make sure you read and follow road signs!

austers:

Redrum:

kcrussell25:
is it pertemps?

It’s in Crick, you’ll be driving a 26 tonner with a 4 over 4 gear box, it’s quite simple really. They just want to make sure you can drive safely and efficiently, make sure you read and follow road signs!

Is the Truck in dark green with the S word on ? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Thanks for the info, when they get back to me I’ll probably go ahead and do it unless I get offered something else in the mean time

I do have an appointment tomorrow about a class 2 shunting gig which starts Monday, although the hours aren’t great 3:30pm-11:45pm

Consider doing it in preference to another offer. It would be good to get onto the Pertemps books, and if things went pear-shaped elsewhere they might not allow you back for a second chance.

Jump through their hoops, get on their books, then consider that plus any other options you might have. It’s only one day out, at no cost to you, and it is good experience.