First Job

Hi All
Well I did my first job Friday it was a 7.5 tonne from Heathrow to Sainsburys Distribution Centre in Stoke
all went well but I had two events with foreign plated trucks on M6
both pulled out on me without looking so I will be wary of them in future
Got the job by recommendation
I expected to be grilled when I met up with the boss but he was great just wanted to know
what I had been doing for last few years
So I am hoping to get a few more jobs ad hock
will let you know how it goes
Chauffuerman

:smiley:

The foreign trucks are left hand drive and there is no way that you could see their heads turn to check their right side mirror as you are behind them .
The reality is they did see you coming and just went for it, as every country has different driving styles, imagine rush hour in Rome or Moscow, by adhering to rules and being polite, you would not get anywhere.

Sounds like it went well,I’m not sure how close to heathrow Saints haulage are but I’m sure they run class 2 aswell might be worth a look.

Daytrunker:
Sounds like it went well,I’m not sure how close to heathrow Saints haulage are but I’m sure they run class 2 aswell might be worth a look.

Pretty much opposite side of the M25.

toby1234abc:
The foreign trucks are left hand drive and there is no way that you could see their heads turn to check their right side mirror as you are behind them .
The reality is they did see you coming and just went for it, as every country has different driving styles, imagine rush hour in Rome or Moscow, by adhering to rules and being polite, you would not get anywhere.

Surly it was a figure of speech as like you say they seen him and just pulled out on him without a care in the world, one would assume they did not look to do a crazy maneuver.

Just your view on it but I would never just pullout on someone , completely throw the rule book out the window and you will end up killing someone,
Having to drive like that in other countries is no excuse imo
imagine the headlines “lorry driver causes huge pile up, his excuse, that’s how we drive in rome”

Op glad you enjoyed your first outing

Hiya All
2nd job I’m off to pick up from Huddersfield for 9am tomorrow so a 5am start
I reckon 3.5 hours maybe 4hrs driving take a 45min break then back to
Heathrow to drop will let you know if any foreign plate trucks take a dislike to me again.
Might have 2 or 3 days work next week so Hay! Ho! onwards & upwards
:smiley:

Hiya All!
well would you believe it I’m joining M1 from M25 going north lots of time to slip out and guess what
yes foreign plate tries to ram me off road I ended up on the hard shoulderI
I followed this guy at a safe distance then at Toddington services he turned across two lanes of traffic at the last minute
so he could go into the services I could see the full lenth of his waggon
How he got away with that in an artic only God knows
I give up!!! :unamused:

There are indeed some absolutely awful road users on the roads in Britain, in cars, trucks, buses, on motorbikes, and bicycles, some foreign some native. I think I’ve been fortunate so far that all of the truckers I’ve come across seem courteous and professional. But then I drive mainly oop North so things are bound to be better. Lol.

You get used to seeing all types of driving from all types of vehicles and learn to take it in your stride .

chauffuerman:
Hiya All!
well would you believe it I’m joining M1 from M25 going north lots of time to slip out and guess what
yes foreign plate tries to ram me off road I ended up on the hard shoulderI
I followed this guy at a safe distance then at Toddington services he turned across two lanes of traffic at the last minute
so he could go into the services I could see the full lenth of his waggon
How he got away with that in an artic only God knows
I give up!!! :unamused:

Just another normal day on the roads.