Hello all!

Hi all,

Just thought i would pop in and say hi, been reading the forums for a couple of weeks now all very informative! I start my C training tomorrow and I’m pretty ■■■■ nervous!! Not really that worried about the actual training more concerned about finding work once it’s all done and just the whole new starting a new career at my age (44).

Fingers crossed it will all work out! :smiley: :smiley:

Best of luck with it all mate. Don’t worry about finding work, just sign with a few agencies and ring them all twice a day until one of them gets that ■■■■■■ off they find you some ongoing work so he/she doesn’t have to keep speaking to you. Trust me it works.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Do you have a pre 1997 car licence :question:

If yes then is your on road training approved for DCPC hours towards your 35 needed :question:

Andy Pandy:
Best of luck with it all mate. Don’t worry about finding work, just sign with a few agencies and ring them all twice a day until one of them gets that ■■■■■■ off they find you some ongoing work so he/she doesn’t have to keep speaking to you. Trust me it works.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Lol noted!! :laughing:

Do you have a pre 1997 car licence :question:

If yes then is your on road training approved for DCPC hours towards your 35 needed :question:

Yes i have pre 1997 licence and yes training approved for DCPC i just have to do some additional hours and Im all good :slight_smile:

First day of actual driving today, loved it, instructor seems spot on, made a few mistakes and kept signaling then mirror I will need to sort that out, on the whole tho very pleased. Very odd getting back in my car even after only 4 hours of driving I felt like I was driving a gocart :laughing:

I too am changing career (at 47) and have a pre 1997 licence. I rang DVLA and after an entitlement check they are allowing me to do the module 2 and module 4 instead of having to do the 35 hours of CPC.

That’s correct. Pre 97 licence holders have the choice of Mods 2 and 4 OR 35 hours. Many folks will find a trainer who has the driving courses accredited to count towards the 35 hours. So, in many cases, someone going to C then CE can get all or most of the 35 hours for no effort.

All the best with the training and test

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

TaxiVader:
I too am changing career (at 47) and have a pre 1997 licence. I rang DVLA and after an entitlement check they are allowing me to do the module 2 and module 4 instead of having to do the 35 hours of CPC.

Good luck mate, when do you start your training?

I really enjoyed my weeks training, I had one really bad day where i just lost the ability to drive, couldn’t understand it, just before my last drive of the day i adjusted my seat and boom :laughing:. I test on Monday, I’m already pretty nervous!!

Already done it mate C in November and C+E 3 weeks ago. Got Module 2 test on wednesday. Bored of driving a Taxi now. In a small town you become a minor (very minor) celebrity and everyone thinks they know you. Wouldn’t matter that much but I’m not that sociable.

TaxiVader:
Already done it mate C in November and C+E 3 weeks ago. Got Module 2 test on wednesday.

Wow… Thanks :smiley:

TaxiVader:
Already done it mate C in November and C+E 3 weeks ago. Got Module 2 test on wednesday. Bored of driving a Taxi now. In a small town you become a minor (very minor) celebrity and everyone thinks they know you. Wouldn’t matter that much but I’m not that sociable.

Nice one :smiley:

Good luck for your test on Wednesday :smiley: :smiley:

Passed!! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :laughing:

:smiley: :smiley:

Fantastic

Congratulations!

Me too. Just the module 4 to get through now :laughing:

And my C+E. I am so chuffed with myself. I just hope I enjoy the job when I finally get started (if I can find a firm to take on a new driver) :stuck_out_tongue:

TaxiVader:
And my C+E. I am so chuffed with myself. I just hope I enjoy the job when I finally get started (if I can find a firm to take on a new driver) :stuck_out_tongue:

Look and you will find someone I am sure. I passed C+E 3 weeks ago and only just started looking properly (as was waiting for licence) and I have got 1 offer on the table and another assessment next week. Both have no issue with me being a new pass.

Good luck! :smiley: