A query on Tacho card

Hello all

I havesearched but cannot find an answer to my query regarding a tacho card,

Firstly, I have sent off my application for a tacho card - How long does it usually take to receive my card?

Secondly, If i have not yet received it, can is still drive? it states that you can drive for a max of 15 days if the card is lost/damaged etc, but its not clear if its a new application.

I have recently passed and am looking to start working in 1 weeks time, In hind sight, I should have sent off the application sooner!

You can’t drive a vehicle with a digital tachograph until you’ve received your card.

Replacement cards are usually sent out within a week, so I shouldn’t imagine a first application should take much too longer than that, probably within two weeks.

As said you cannot drive a vehicle fitted with a digital tachograph until you’ve received your driver card.

When a driver card is lost/stolen or faulty you can drive for 15 days but your card isn’t lost/stolen of faulty, you haven’t got one so you cannot legally drive.

You can drive on a job that’s out of scope of EU regulations or drive a vehicle fitted with an analogue tachograph though.

INFO for those reading - a digicard can be applied for with just a B licence