Temporary work month on month off?

Hi, first time poster here. I currently have a bus license but am looking to do my class 2.
Is there anyone here that does a month on month off with agencies for example? The reason i ask is i live in France but as i have level b1 french im not quite ready to work over here. So i was thinking, pass my c test in uk (i still have my uk license with my mums address) and possibly flying over every month and getting agency work for a few weeks before flying back.
With a bus license there doesnt seem to be the same amount of agency jobs like that.
Any replies will be much appreciated thanks.

Envoyé de mon HTC One A9 en utilisant Tapatalk

I reckon you could do it if you signed up with enough agencies and make sure you keep mivering them for work when you’re available.

Thanks for the reply, just wasnt entirely sure if agencies work like that or if they expect you to be available for a longer period of time then 3-4 weeks at a time.

In a situation like that you would be near the bottom of the agencies list of drivers to use.

Any half decent agency will give the work to their regular drivers first, as a new driver with no HGV experience and not always available to work I imagine they would only call you when they was desperate for drivers.

I’m not saying you couldn’t do it, but I think you would need some luck to get regular work for the periods you’re in the UK.

You also need to consider how easily you’ll be able to convert your HGV licence to a French licence after Brexit.

Thanks, yea what il Probably have to do is either come back for a solid six months to a year then or just continue french lessons lol. Thankyou for the reply though its always important to make sure something can be done first!