1st trip out

Interested to hear your stories on your 1st every trip out in a big rig, nerves, hi-ups, feel good moments etc?

Its somewhat unnerving to see your trailer at 90’ to your cab when you’re jacking it round.

Radar19:
Its somewhat unnerving to see your trailer at 90’ to your cab when you’re jacking it round.

Exactly what I thought as well… soon get used to it lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1st night out… Stopped at Wembley services… Woke during the night to the diesel fairies…

Absolutely petrified…

Will I be able to find the place, what if I take a wrong turn and get stuck, oh heck I’m going to have to get it onto a bay all on my own, blimey this thing is HUGE, oops, didn’t mean to cut the kerb quite so much there…

etc etc etc

It is terrifying when you first start out. Just breathe deeply, count to ten as many times as you need, and remember that someone has almost certainly been there before you and managed okay. Take it slow, use all the room available to you, command the road where you need to and steal an extra lane to keep yourself safe. Don’t be afraid to ask for help - people like to help, it makes them feel better about themselves.

Oh yes, sent to Newhaven docks to get my trailer to ship out to Dieppe for delivering in Lisbon and Porto.
Had trouble backing under it, heavy load, didn’t know there are two gears on the the trailer leg winding handle .
I do know, thought at the time to cancel the gym membership .
Did the deliveries and through the CMR notes out the window, you get paid on the receipt of them as an owner driver, didn’t do that again, got paid but took longer .