Do it

Nighthawk.:
I just wanted to say if your thinking of becoming a truck driver do it.

I’ve just completed my first week on the job (yes I worked bank holiday Monday :grimacing: )

I’ve had a number of jobs and so far I’m enjoying this new career path. I’ve been stuck in factories, offices, and working jobs that are low paid and treated like crap.

I’m 34 and don’t have any real skills meaning like degrees college education. I don’t think your ever to old to get in to this industry although as always some might disagree. For me it started two years ago after being made redundant - twice in one year! Having a young family to support I had to really think what I wanted to do. I thought about doing my cat LGV C for sometime and thought nows as good a time as any.

A great post Nighthawk.

I’m half way through my 3rd week as a Class 2 agency driver and absolutely agree. In a nutshell it doesn’t feel like work.

Loads of variety (even though all working for the same company) much better than being stuck in a car when on congested roads as your height and size makes you feel separate from the rest of the traffic and superb views of course when on lighter trafficked rural roads.

I’m 47 and I have an engineering degree :laughing: . for reasons far too tedious to go into here I resigned from my last engineering position when I was about your age and spent most of the following 12 years trying to decide what to do next. If I hadn’t had the degree I might well have decided to go for my HGV licence sooner (as for a long time there was a part of me thinking I should be using my edukashun :unamused: ) . Anyway I certainly have no regrets so far, I’m viewing this as my second career.