Stupid mistake might have put nail in the lid

Franglais:

UselessForce:
From someone who has been through the same thing 5yrs ago, at the age of 22 when I made a very big regretful mistake. You will be banned and most likely for 3yrs (2nd offence in 11yrs, I believe is 3 minimum now) I was sentenced by magistrates just as they changed the law to 0 tolerance on DD and had letters from employer (at the time), trainer and character reference and was a multi drop driver so they were told how it’d effect me and my very young family and how I was remorseful etc but they were now duty bound to give all offenders a ban of at least 12 months for 1st offence. As I was young they were not quiet about making it aware that they were making an example of me and gave me 18months with a fine running in to ££££’s even though I’d now lost my job (for only just over the limit everyone felt this was unduly harsh) but I took it and eventually got my car licence back. Few yrs passed and I started my HGV although to even get provisional I had to apply to the local TC and then go to see him an essentially prove I’d learnt my lesson and why he should give me the HGV entitlement. Got through that got my licences etc and I found it pretty easy to get a job (working within weeks of passing C) but a lot of firms will turn you away with 1 conviction though and with 2 probably will tell you to &@)/ off. Now mine is spent (on your licence for 11 for cases of reoffending only and IS spent after 5) and should no longer be used against me for insurance purposes I’ve found many more firms are interested. I’d doubt they’d be so forgiving with 2 on there though and I’ve learnt my lesson I haven’t touch a drop of alcohol since the night I got caught and if I did I’d be nowhere near a vehicle or a vehicles keys!! Sorry about the essay guys lol [emoji846]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good post.
Giving the facts from personal experience, with no drama, and no finger pointing wagging.
Thank you.

No worries, I’m still very ashamed with how I behaved that night but know I’ll never do it again. The effects it had on not only mine but my partners and our children’s lives as a consequence were massive. Also the hoops the TC made me jump through to get in to this career I’ve always wanted were massive and enough alone to imprint “DO NOT BALLS THIS UP” in me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk