Driving school opinion needed

SID Training Stoke on Trent any opinions? Are they worth spending my money?

Aww… I forgot to say… I’m one of those most hated drivers (future drivers)- Eastern European :grimacing:
So feel free to give me some [zb]

I don’t know them. I would be asking if they have a test centre, if they have their own private reversing area, if they have fully qualified and registered instructors, if the centre is accredited. Then I would want to see the vehicles. Are they clean and tidy? If happy, I would then book an assessment to make sure I can get on with the instructor.

I notice that in their “10 steps” they don’t seem to get involved until step 6.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Thanks for advice Pete :slight_smile:

if they have fully qualified and registered instructors,

This is the only question that I know the answer so far- Yes they do

If happy, I would then book an assessment to make sure I can get on with the instructor.

Do You know if they can charge me for assessment if I won’t decide to do my training with them?

GregoryStoke:
Aww… I forgot to say… I’m one of those most hated drivers (future drivers)- Eastern European :grimacing:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Welcome to the forum pal! :smiley:

Not heard a great deal of good things about SIDS,spoke to a few people who have “experienced” them.
If you want a recommendation from someone in the area i.e. Me,I’d strongly recommend this guy…
pcmlgv.co.uk/
A small family run training school that’s built its reputation over the years in the area,I know a lot of people speak very highly of Phil of PCM hgv training.

Evil8Beezle:

GregoryStoke:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Welcome to the forum pal! :smiley:

Thanks for support :slight_smile:
Am I the only brave enough? I mean the first one who came out of his cave? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Thanks for advice Pete :slight_smile:

if they have fully qualified and registered instructors,

This is the only question that I know the answer so far- Yes they do

If happy, I would then book an assessment to make sure I can get on with the instructor.

Do You know if they can charge me for assessment if I won’t decide to do my training with them?

Ask for evidence - don’t just take their word. And yes, any trainer can charge for an assessment.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

GregoryStoke:
Am I the only one brave enough? I mean the first one who came out of his cave? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Nah, where are a few EE’s who post on the forum pal, and the only ones that get stick/banter are the ones where you haven’t a clue what they are saying. :laughing: You might get the odd meathead, but most other members won’t tolerate the xenophobic abuse and will step in…

So you’ll be fine pal! :sunglasses:

xichrisxi:
Not heard a great deal of good things about SIDS,spoke to a few people who have “experienced” them.
If you want a recommendation from someone in the area i.e. Me,I’d strongly recommend this guy…
pcmlgv.co.uk/
A small family run training school that’s built its reputation over the years in the area,I know a lot of people speak very highly of Phil of PCM hgv training.

Thanks a lot. I’ll get in touch with them :sunglasses:

Evil8Beezle:

GregoryStoke:
Am I the only one brave enough? I mean the first one who came out of his cave? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Nah, where are a few EE’s who post on the forum pal, and the only ones that get stick/banter are the ones where you haven’t a clue what they are saying. :laughing: You might get the odd meathead, but most other members won’t tolerate the xenophobic abuse and will step in…

So you’ll be fine pal! :sunglasses:

Great :slight_smile:
I think I’m slightly different than most of them… I understand whats going on around me and know more than ‘Hi, me delivery’ and ‘Hi, me collection’ :wink: :wink: :wink:

I know you said stoke but derby have a great school SG-TTL. And it’s only down the A50 a bit. Worth the drive in my opinion. Best of luck pal…

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk