CPC Mod 2 & Mod 4

I started driving 7.5T 2014 after I did CPC until I had enough cash for Class C passing in May 2015.

All I did was 35 hours which I understood to be the requirement. (Had jobs since so assumed that was the case).

So when is one supposed to do Mod 2 (Theory questions/ driving hours etc from a scenario) and Mod 4 which I understand is practical assessment.

jessejazza:
I started driving 7.5T 2014 after I did CPC until I had enough cash for Class C passing in May 2015.

All I did was 35 hours which I understood to be the requirement. (Had jobs since so assumed that was the case).

So when is one supposed to do Mod 2 (Theory questions/ driving hours etc from a scenario) and Mod 4 which I understand is practical assessment.

If you completed the 35 hours dcpc and got a DQC then you are in the dcpc periodic system
The periodic comes AFTER the initial mods 2 + 4
You cannot do mods 2 + 4 if in the periodic

Thanks for the reply. So does one’s employer decide whether the driver does periodic or Mod 2/Mod 4. I haven’t come across a truck driver with Mod 2/Mod 4 but Bus companies seem to do that route.

jessejazza:
Thanks for the reply. So does one’s employer decide whether the driver does periodic or Mod 2/Mod 4. I haven’t come across a truck driver with Mod 2/Mod 4 but Bus companies seem to do that route.

The law decides which is needed

Regarding PCV - the law changed so that those with pre 1997 D1(101) can now go the same route as LGV drivers but many do not seem to realise that which means they end up doing mods 2 and 4 for PCV