First Class 2 job (Northern Ireland)

Hello everybody, just thought I’d join seen as I often find myself scrolling through the site and getting information, and now I have landed myself my first Class 2 driving job since passing my test last July.

I’m 23 years old and I’ve previously worked for the NHS in England for 3 years doing van driving; and since passing my test and moving to Northern Ireland I have done a bit of 7.5t work transporting Steel to building sites.

I have now landed my first proper job, working for Montgomery Transport and am due to start in the coming weeks.

I was just wanting to know if anybody had any advice on starting out in the industry? The do’s and don’ts

I know I will be doing between 15-25 drops per day, more than I am used to.

I have got myself a decent satnav for starting, so I’m hoping I am as prepared as I can be!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

piece of pish with montys.all shiny and legal…you might get drops all over the place and diff runs every day for a while,then you should get your own regular run and itl be a doddle.they will expect you on groupage to be heaving and shoving any deliveries and collections…my mates doing 18-25 drops a day along with 4-8 collections depending on whats what in an artic over here…theres only 4 cameras in the entire country and 2 sets of barely used average ones…cushy steady easy job. just remember montys are seen as proddys and you might want to use a bit of initiative delivering to the catholic areas.dont be getting into any arguements,just light er up and bail out if theres the wrong word said…some of them still see the horse symbol on your back doors as the horse king billy was sitting on…sad but true…you shouldnt come to greif tho, its not like driving in england,you can just abandon the truck up on the pavement and ask someone pink and local for directions,more laid back and happy days in the land that time forgot. :smiley:

dieseldog999:
piece of pish with montys.all shiny and legal…you might get drops all over the place and diff runs every day for a while,then you should get your own regular run and itl be a doddle.they will expect you on groupage to be heaving and shoving any deliveries and collections…my mates doing 18-25 drops a day along with 4-8 collections depending on whats what in an artic over here…theres only 4 cameras in the entire country and 2 sets of barely used average ones…cushy steady easy job. just remember montys are seen as proddys and you might want to use a bit of initiative delivering to the catholic areas.dont be getting into any arguements,just light er up and bail out if theres the wrong word said…some of them still see the horse symbol on your back doors as the horse king billy was sitting on…sad but true…you shouldnt come to greif tho, its not like driving in england,you can just abandon the truck up on the pavement and ask someone pink and local for directions,more laid back and happy days in the land that time forgot. :smiley:

That’s brilliant mate, Thankyou for the heads up. Good to know it is a decent company as well. Just looking forward to getting started now to be honest. Get some experience under my belt then hopefully get my class 1 in a year or so. Didn’t even think of the whole prod and catholic thing, good thing to be aware of. Thanks mate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk