Philips Truckers Atlas

Does anyone use this? Cause so far my experience of it has been utter crap.

Spent a few hours constantly hitting 7.5t signs trying to get to a town in the South Hams Devon area today, none of which were on the map apart from a 17t notice (again, sign for that road was 7.5t). In the end told myself “■■■■■■■■ to this” and just stuck to A roads, even if it meant going miles and miles out of my way - and even then the A roads down here are often barely farmer’s tracks.

Might get a sat nav instead, at least those can be updated.

I have one use it as well as my electronic map ( which reminds me I must update )

Although not perfect as they do change weight limits at times a lot of the 7.5 t are restricted to accesses as well so if delivering with in that area you can go through just be careful

I had the same thing on Friday. Never really worked outside of Kent Essex London Surrey Sussex etc. Started at a new firm.and they go further out. Job on Friday morning was delivery to New Milton Hampshire. Stupidly I didn’t check maps before I went and just slapped on google maps as the traffic alerts can be a life saver. Ended up coming off the Cadnam junction just before the M27 turns into the A31.
Google wanted to take me straight through Lyndhurst down the A337 what I didn’t know as never having driven a wagon through area is the 7.5t restriction in Lyndhurst centre. So pulled over in a lay by to try and look for a route on my Phillips navigator and none of the 7.5t nor the 6’6" width restrictions were on there at all.

I have found that it has been reliable with bridges but like yourself weight limits are not so good. Recent example I found was Queens Road, Skegness. My phone truck app does cover most but my favourite example Braintree to Maldon; B1018 to Witham, continue into Witham go over a bridge and take first left The Avenue, turn left onto Cambridge Road, right onto A12, then left at Hatfield Peverill (Maldon Road) to Maldon. No trucker’s satnav does that route I have found… maybe the latest garmin/TomTom does and someone could check it out for me.

I’ve got the Phillips truckers atlas, I don’t use it much tho. I’m on local multi drop so there’s not much call for it. I’m using a car Sat nav which is great for a 7.5 as they can go anywhere. Seeing as I am getting back to driving the heavies in the near future, I’m going to invest in a truck nav for 40 quid off eBay. Guy I was working with had one and I must say I was impressed.

iomex:
Does anyone use this? Cause so far my experience of it has been utter crap.

Spent a few hours constantly hitting 7.5t signs trying to get to a town in the South Hams Devon area today, none of which were on the map apart from a 17t notice (again, sign for that road was 7.5t). In the end told myself “■■■■■■■■ to this” and just stuck to A roads, even if it meant going miles and miles out of my way - and even then the A roads down here are often barely farmer’s tracks.

Might get a sat nav instead, at least those can be updated.

Yep been using one for years. In the old days it didn’t have any heights or limits in it. But guess what, it’s a map. Judging by your post the roads down there will be littered with the toys you chucked out of your pram.

Its the best map on the market. The key to using it is also using your brain.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk