First Job

Evening all,

I passed my Class 2 in December and I have secured my first job.

Any advice/tips from you guys is appreciated.

I haven’t rushed to find work because I’m in a job I can tolerate. What’s more I’ve heard that most newbies can expect bottom of the barrel type work. I had hoped to avoid these places/jobs.

The company is based in Kent. They deliver metals, anything from small fittings to scaffolding tubes and metal sheeting. I’ve been told to expect 15-20 drops a day. 6am start and finish between 3 and 4.

Any of you guys worked in a similar job? Are the drops ok?

More importantly, due to what’s being delivered, is there likely to be much handball?

As far as first jobs go, is it ok?

Cheers

Hi bazzyf
Great stuff…a foot on the ladder!! I’m in process of doing class 2…can I be cheeky and ask what company it is as I’m in Kent too.

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

Forget the 3-4 finish for awhile as a newbie because you’ll be taking your time won’t you and doing things properly.

You’ll have to unload more then likely. I’ve not seen a class 2 job advertised where you do not physically have to do something.

My advice. Speak to the customers and if they are the same ones each week/day then build up a rapport with them and you’ll find most will help you unload.

Take ya time though and ask loads of questions like safety and best ways to strap up products if need be and unloading.

You’ll find your own way. Good luck.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

JaxDemon:
Forget the 3-4 finish for awhile as a newbie because you’ll be taking your time won’t you and doing things properly.

You’ll have to unload more then likely. I’ve not seen a class 2 job advertised where you do not physically have to do something.

My advice. Speak to the customers and if they are the same ones each week/day then build up a rapport with them and you’ll find most will help you unload.

Take ya time though and ask loads of questions like safety and best ways to strap up products if need be and unloading.

You’ll find your own way. Good luck.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Cheers for the advice Jaxdemon.

I am happy to take as long as it takes. Longer hours means that I will learn, gain experience and reduce the risk of error.

My list of questions about safety, etc grows by the day!

I look forward to a new start.

Make sure you take a crap before the start of your shift. You’ll realise one day that’s actaully great advice.