Reduced weekly rest

HI all. Had a right busy few weeks with the agency as some regulars are off for various reasons and I think I’m doing ok as they are always asking the agency for me when they need a driver. This week it looks like I will be taking a reduced weekly rest the weekend. I know I will have to compensate for the difference between a normal weekly within a a few weeks but just wondered if, say, by the later part of next week (but not the weekend) I have enough time off to cover what could be a weekly rest plus making up what I didn’t get this weekend would that be ok? Or is it generally counted as within a 7 day period?

Hope that makes sense. tia

andy_s:
HI all. Had a right busy few weeks with the agency as some regulars are off for various reasons and I think I’m doing ok as they are always asking the agency for me when they need a driver. This week it looks like I will be taking a reduced weekly rest the weekend. I know I will have to compensate for the difference between a normal weekly within a a few weeks but just wondered if, say, by the later part of next week (but not the weekend) I have enough time off to cover what could be a weekly rest plus making up what I didn’t get this weekend would that be ok? Or is it generally counted as within a 7 day period?

A reduced weekly rest cannot be made into a regular weekly rest simply by completing the compensation if that is what you are thinking

ROG:

andy_s:

A reduced weekly rest cannot be made into a regular weekly rest simply by completing the compensation if that is what you are thinking

As I see it, when you have to pay back, that payback has to be tagged on to your weekly rest.
Not that I’ve really read up on this, as I never plan to need it… :confused:

Evil8Beezle:

ROG:

andy_s:

As I see it, when you have to pay back, that payback has to be tagged on to your weekly rest.

The full compensation can be attached to a daily rest or a weekly rest

ROG:

Evil8Beezle:

ROG:

andy_s:

The full compensation can be attached to a daily rest or a weekly rest

But only in one block. So if you had to payback 11 hours, you’d need a minimum of 9+11=20 to complete the payback.