A lesson to you all

Too fast into and out of the roundabout before and this is what happens .The load shifted but the straps are still holding it in two days later . They have just resurfaced that stretch and if it falls out …that’s a big bill .

Where is that ?

Unless the image is deceiving it looks like it was all loaded on one side of the trailer, if it was you’d need to drive very carefully to stop it all moving.

I think this is utter bs how did they manage to open the doors without the whole trailer falling over.Another point if the trailer was that bad how did they manage to get the curtains open.

OwenMoney:
Too fast into and out of the roundabout before and this is what happens .The load shifted but the straps are still holding it in two days later . They have just resurfaced that stretch and if it falls out …that’s a big bill .

I’m struggling to work out what the lesson is? :open_mouth:

Is it that you shouldn’t load your truck badly?
Or drive too fast?

Maybe both! :laughing:

Colin_scottish:
I think this is utter bs how did they manage to open the doors without the whole trailer falling over.Another point if the trailer was that bad how did they manage to get the curtains open.

The doors will have popped open due to the twisting, I’ve seen a single secured door (the other was tied open) pop open just from the trailer flexing on rough ground, those Schmitz Cargobulls are flimsy as hell, same for the curtain buckles, half the bloody things undo themselves in a brisk wind let alone a catastrophic load shift like pictured.

Edit:
just looked closer at the second picture (didn’t realise you could click to expand it at first)

The doors were secured open due to the oversize length of the load (note the tied on hi viz acting as a marker) this is why the trailer collapsed, because the doors make up the majority of the structural strength at the rear of the trailer…

Reef:
The doors were secured open due to the oversize length of the load (note the tied on hi viz acting as a marker) this is why the trailer collapsed, because the doors make up the majority of the structural strength at the rear of the trailer…

So that’s the lesson! :smiley:

Didn’t realise Stobart’s had rebranded.

Evil8Beezle:

Reef:

So that’s the lesson! :smiley:

No.

Reef:
just looked closer at the second picture (didn’t realise you could click to expand it at first)

Always see if an image is clickabubble! (especially if you’re a half blind old git like me :blush: ) That’s the lesson!

:laughing:

I don’t know if it was overlength or not . The hiz viz on the back might have been because of where he parked it . Pretty pathetic .
It looked to me like it was loaded to one side and it shifted after going through a number of round abouts preceding , probably too fast .
This is the third photo I took but it was from a bit far away .
There a many lessons new and experienced drivers can learn Mr.Beaver and looking at other peoples errors is one .You never stop learning in this game .

Sorry mate, I learned how to not load a truck like a bellend when I was a fork lift truck driver.

Try again :wink:

Looking at the first image the head board appears near vertical, while the rear door frame appears to be lent back at a considerable angle? Peculiar.

Franglais:
Looking at the first image the head board appears near vertical, while the rear door frame appears to be lent back at a considerable angle? Peculiar.

It was a weird one . I didn’t like to get too close . I imagined the straps from the roof had pulled it as the load moved .The third photo I posted I took from Super u but it was too far away to show how the load was hanging out the side .I did wonder if the driver opened the curtains to save them from being ripped off but we will never know .
Anyway ,they got it away Friday before it fell off . I will stick to a 'fridge . At least if the meat pulls me over it should stay in side.

That load should have gone on a flat trailer, using multiple ratchet straps, and loaded in a common sense manner taking into account the obvious potential for movement.

eagerbeaver:
That load should have gone on a flat trailer, using multiple ratchet straps, and loaded in a common sense manner taking into account the obvious potential for movement.

I don`t see why a flat would have been better? But it sure needed more straps than were used. Impossible to see at this time, but it may have been loaded with gaps in the load, or inadequate banding on the bundles or any of a number of things.

Franglais:

eagerbeaver:

I don`t see why a flat would have been better? But it sure needed more straps than were used. Impossible to see at this time, but it may have been loaded with gaps in the load, or inadequate banding on the bundles or any of a number of things.

A flat would have been better because you wouldn’t end up with a [zb] curtainsider.

eagerbeaver:

Franglais:

eagerbeaver:

A flat would have been better because you wouldn’t end up with a [zb] curtainsider.

Well, it’s a soon-to-be flat now! :laughing: