Gloves

This is going to sound a stupid question but, what are the best type of gloves to get for coupling etc? :blush:

I use rubber coated cotton gloves for un/coupling and dieseling up. Leather gloves for straps and buckles, pallet trucks etc. Plastic jerry can of water and liquid soap after taking gloves off, to keep cab clean.

Franglais:
I use rubber coated cotton gloves for un/coupling and dieseling up. Leather gloves for straps and buckles, pallet trucks etc. Plastic jerry can of water and liquid soap after taking gloves off, to keep cab clean.

And I find this stuff stops my nail varnish chipping! :open_mouth:

I’d go with the cotton ones with rubber printed on palm and fingers.
As well as the dross the firm should legally supply…

Glad to see you purchase from a top notch purveyor of quality cosmetics. You are now contributing a tiny amount indirectly to my salary. But then I suppose most of we drivers can say that about each other as we are all consumers of the goods we carry?

Wonder grip gloves I’ve found bloody amazing the last couple of weeks, comfy, “waterproof”

Your company probably gives them to drivers anyway - must be some kind of requirement cause every site I’ve gone to I’ve been offered gloves, and they always seem to be rubberized cotton.

These for the [zb] or wet weather work

These the rest of the time when it’s dry or doesn’t involve 5th wheel grease

(note: links used as examples only)

Company provided riggers most of the time, and my own pair (link) of impact protection gloves for when my hands aren’t behaving.