Companies in Teesside for newly qualified drivers?

Does anyone know of any companies in or near Teesside that take on newly qualified drivers? Trying agencies at the moment but even most of them are saying they need experience now!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What type of licence do you have?

I can’t offer you any practical advice, being a newbie myself! But just keep looking and phone places up. Someone more helpful will be along shortly! :laughing:

If you’ve got C+E I think there’s a Stobart depot nearish to you, and they take on new passes, might be worth looking into.

slowlane:

I can’t offer you any practical advice, being a newbie myself! But just keep looking and phone places up. Someone more helpful will be along shortly! :laughing:

If you’ve got C+E I think there’s a Stobart depot nearish to you, and they take on new passes, might be worth looking into.

I have c+e and have already applied to stobarts, just waiting on an assessment day! Thanks

Was going to suggest Stobarts, but seen you’ve already applied, think it’s all double decker work out of there, it’s all I ever picked up from there, unless dropping one in and picking empty single up.

louise92:

slowlane:

I can’t offer you any practical advice, being a newbie myself! But just keep looking and phone places up. Someone more helpful will be along shortly! [emoji38]

I have c+e and have already applied to stobarts, just waiting on an assessment day! Thanks

They have a huge Tesco depot at Teesport.

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

Does it have to be Teeside…?

What’s your location…?

Goldfinger:

What’s your location…?

I’m in middlesbrough but I can travel within reason

Have you tried Reed Boardall?

smokinbarrels:
Have you tried Reed Boardall?

Yeah they got back to me but I’m just out of their 30 mile radius that they like drivers to be in for health and safety reasons

You wanting day work, or nights out?

Really surprised you’re struggling to find something…

Every time I’ve done a job search, all jobs listed start at around Gateshead, and go south from there… :frowning:

Goldfinger:
You wanting day work, or nights out?

Really surprised you’re struggling to find something…

Every time I’ve done a job search, all jobs listed start at around Gateshead, and go south from there… :frowning:

Day work ideally as I have no experience so best to learn in the daylight haha

louise92:

Goldfinger:

What’s your location…?

I’m in middlesbrough but I can travel within reason

There’s an agency in Team Valley, always advertising for drivers, personally I don’t think their rates are the best but usually advertise a variety of roles. There’s also a couple through Darlington way that might be closer, you thought about Lidl and/or Aldi?

durhamcitytransport.com/ Are after C and C+E drivers…

Any idea of their rates though? As I might look into them too if it worth the travel for me…

kwdevereux.co.uk/#apply Any good…?

And… davidfoxtransport.co.uk/

Even DFDS… dfds.easycruit.com/intranet/intr … 583/137611

All I can think of so far… :blush:

Goldfinger:
http://www.durhamcitytransport.com/ Are after C and C+E drivers…

Any idea of their rates though? As I might look into them too if it worth the travel for me…

kwdevereux.co.uk/#apply Any good…?

And… davidfoxtransport.co.uk/

Even DFDS… dfds.easycruit.com/intranet/intr … 583/137611

All I can think of so far… :blush:

Have already sent application to devereux and david fox, I’ll do the dfds one now though thanks very much [emoji106]

Go into foxes and speak to david your application might be put in a pile. I know a lad who went in on a Friday and started the following week… he had c+e but they put him on a rigid for a few months. If you want to tramp foxes always look for them as well.

Have you tried George Allison in Darlington

thewickedcompany.co.uk not sure if he want drivers

Have you tried Containerships :question: :question:

All you have to do is keep looking

What bout Newton Aycliffe, a few up there…

animal:
Have you tried George Allison in Darlington

thewickedcompany.co.uk not sure if he want drivers

Have you tried Containerships :question: :question:

All you have to do is keep looking

Thanks for your help, I have been into a few places and will continue until I get a start somewhere :slight_smile: have tried container ships and have just sent George Allinson an email [emoji106]

EddieMD:
What bout Newton Aycliffe, a few up there…

I’ll have a drive over, cheers

Google ‘Stobart o-licence cut’ :grimacing: