Hi All - Another Newbie

Just thought I would pop in and say hello.

Medical and paperwork sent in to the DVLA yesterday so I am sure u will be hearing lots of daft questions from me in the up coming months.

Matt

Welcome pal, no such thing as a daft question! Always best to ask if you are not sure, we all do our best to answer. There’s new with little experience through to old hands with vast amounts of experience to pick the brains of here :slight_smile:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Check out the link in my signature below for loads of useful info

Thanks chaps.

Playing with the theory and hazard app whilst waiting for the DVLA which without speaking too soon I seem to be getting boss of. Wont lie I am abit nervous about driving for the first time but as my mates who do the job keep saying that’s what the training is for.

Been offered a little something upon passing but its dependant if they can wait for me as I would say it might take a couple of months including waiting for the DVLA and they got a business to run. No problem if not as I have been talking about putting myself through for at least 10 years and have never pulled my finger out and got on with it :blush: Want to do it in my own time really so I don’t have the stress of needing to pass, got 3 different part time jobs as it is at the moment anyway so not the end of the world if this job doesn’t come off.

Thanks again

Matt

Welcome and good luck! :smiley:

Better to ask ‘daft’ questions than to keep silent and do something daft in practice. That is usually expensive.

Good luck on your journey… :slight_smile:

You’re at the right place for that mate. It’s amazing how much you learn from here.
Good luck with it all

Good luck mate. I loved every minute of my training, and ■■■■ near got my face stuck in a cheesy grin when I was holding the Fancy Paper after my C+E test.

A up, good luck with the training. The feeling when you pass is amazing :smiley:
Dave

Hi Matt.
Good luck with the training and every answer you need is on here just ask,the only daft question is the 1 you don’t ask.

License is back from Swansea :grimacing:

Now the fun can begin, have got boss of the theory and hazard whilst I have been waiting but could someone tell me what are the CPC case studies I have to do, I thought I could pass theory and hazard and get on with the lessons but now im not sure.

Matt

peterboroughmatt:
License is back from Swansea :grimacing:

Now the fun can begin, have got boss of the theory and hazard whilst I have been waiting but could someone tell me what are the CPC case studies I have to do, I thought I could pass theory and hazard and get on with the lessons but now im not sure.

Matt

The link in my signature below explains everything

I thought I could pass theory and hazard and get on with the lessons

Yes, you can. But, to drive professionally, you will need your driver cpc. This can be done at any stage in the process and most folks prefer to get it sorted about the same time as the driving so you’re ready to go.

The Mod 2 is another method of exploring the knowledge you hopefully gained in the process of sitting the multiple choice test.

The Mod 4 is the practical demonstration test which is generally taken at a driving test centre. In our case, we have our own in house Mod 4 assessor so there’s no issue getting appointments and getting to a test centre.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Thanks chaps

So just to confirm, I can take my class 2 lessons straight after passing the theory and hazard. CPC can wait until abit later as I need to go straight to Class 1 after I have done 2, maybe it would be best for me to do it in between while I’m waiting for Swansea?

Thanks again

Matt

peterboroughmatt:
Thanks chaps

So just to confirm, I can take my class 2 lessons straight after passing the theory and hazard. CPC can wait until abit later as I need to go straight to Class 1 after I have done 2, maybe it would be best for me to do it in between while I’m waiting for Swansea?

Thanks again

Matt

You might be able to get the case study theory on the same day as the hazard perception etc so worth looking at that. Saves journey to the test centre, though I assume you will use Peterborough? Assumption based on user name :wink:

kcrussell25:

peterboroughmatt:
Thanks chaps

Thanks again

Matt

You might be able to get the case study theory on the same day as the hazard perception etc so worth looking at that. Saves journey to the test centre, though I assume you will use Peterborough? Assumption based on user name :wink:

Yes I am using Peterborough, Hazard Perception is on Thursday of this week, Theory is in a fortnight, it was the earliest I could get in at any centre in a 40 mile radius :cry: Its handy though as I currently work next door to the test centre so I will get away with “nipping out”

So just to confirm, I can take my class 2 lessons straight after passing the theory and hazard. CPC can wait until a bit later as I need to go straight to Class 1 after I have done 2, maybe it would be best for me to do it in between while I’m waiting for Swansea?

That would work fine. But make sure you complete Mods 2 and 4 before moving to class 1 as you can then get periodic driver cpc credits from the driving course which will go to the cpc period commencing 2022.

For this to work you must use one of the trainers who has the course approved for these purposes. Ask the question.

In our case, the answer is “yes”.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Just back from the Hazard test, got 78 which I’m abit disappointed in, guess it must be the perfectionist in me :laughing:

Theory Monday week.

Also, don’t think to yourself “They have probably been asked that loads of times, I won’t bother”

Better to ask and be sure if you can’t find what your looking for.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Thank you

Seen there’s some cancellations that have come up at the theory centre so might change the date until the middle of next week.

One question I do have about reversing is how do u judge how near you are to say a loading bay, the lads I’m going to be working with say u know when you hit it but I don’t think that will work on the test :laughing: