Landed first full time Class 1 job = buzzing!

So after two months working one or two days a week for a local haulage company, out of nowhere I have now landed myself a full time night trunking job at a different firm.

Basically as soon as I passed my C+E and CPC back in November I sent out my CV to almost all the haulage companies in Norfolk, some of which got back to me either saying they weren’t interested or there weren’t any current vacancies going but would keep my details incase something suitable came up.

So on Tuesday I unexpectedly received an email from the TM at FreightForce saying a night vacancy has come up and if I was still interested. So I said yes, passed interview and assessment today and now ready to start in two weeks :smiley:

I guess it just goes to show that putting your name and CV around to local companies in the area, even without much experience can pay off!!

Congratulations. Hope all goes well for you.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Good luck with new job

Well done mate, now you can start learning the job, hope you enjoy it :smiley: :smiley:

Well done and congrats to your first class 1 job :slight_smile:

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

Congrats on finding your first class 1 role, I myself have just started the adjustment to nights, trunking :slight_smile: good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice one mate… landed on your feet there. I’m also one with a bit of recent experience but sticking to class 2 at the moment before I move on up to C+E myself.

UselessForce:
Congrats on finding your first class 1 role, I myself have just started the adjustment to nights, trunking :slight_smile: good luck.

Got a couple of nights lined up myself from Sunday night mate, will be the first time for decades so might struggle to start… how you finding it bud?

Thanks everyone!! I too am interested in how people find switching to nights, having not much night work experience at all. Looking at previous threads, most night trunkers seem to enjoy it more than tramping/days??

Nights are hard on the trucks.Firstly the prats who as soon as it rains the fog lights go on blinding you.Then the goats who drive with full beams on thinking they can.Then theres the road closures
Mate its swings and roundabouts on nights same as days

Goodluck

djt1881:
I guess it just goes to show that putting your name and CV around to local companies in the area, even without much experience can pay off!!

If you don’t ask you don’t get - well done !!

Out of interest did you post your CVs or email them ?

andy_s:
Nice one mate… landed on your feet there. I’m also one with a bit of recent experience but sticking to class 2 at the moment before I move on up to C+E myself.

UselessForce:

Got a couple of nights lined up myself from Sunday night mate, will be the first time for decades so might struggle to start… how you finding it bud?

Yeah the switch has been really smooth for me mate, even with the 2 little ones at home I’ve managed to sleep fine. Mrs keeps them occupied so I can get my rest. As long as you get a good sleep and not up for to long before your shift then it seems to go fine :slight_smile:

Would have to echo what cov has said above but all in all I much prefer the nights to days and don’t see myself going back any time soon :slight_smile:

If on nights, ensure your mirrors are spotless and the demisters work. Nothing worse than trying to reverse whilst not being able to see a bloody thing! :imp: So don’t be complacent and worry about getting a bit wet, get out and check…

As for landing on your feet, come back and tell us in a few weeks or months! :laughing:
Not wishing to put a downer on it, but thee could be a reason they’ve given you a call some time down the road. :wink:
However it’s all good experience for a Newbie, and you can then move on to better things if it is a but crap! :smiley:

Best of luck.

Evil8Beezle:
If on nights, ensure your mirrors are spotless and the demisters work. Nothing worse than trying to reverse whilst not being able to see a bloody thing! :imp: So don’t be complacent and worry about getting a bit wet, get out and check…

As for landing on your feet, come back and tell us in a few weeks or months! :laughing:
Not wishing to put a downer on it, but thee could be a reason they’ve given you a call some time down the road. :wink:
However it’s all good experience for a Newbie, and you can then move on to better things if it is a but crap! :smiley:

Best of luck.

Found that out when it came to the first bay park up at the hub lol! Now ensure mirrors are clean before I leave the depot [emoji51] quite happy to get out and check if needed but there’s usually a helpful driver about up there that’ll help guide back if needed.

I just had to wait for a position to become available but as soon as one did I was swapped over however my mrs has revealed she isn’t liking me not being home overnight so may be swapping back even though I really enjoy the night work! And prefer this. Won’t be leaving my place though as they’ve been good to me and a great employer [emoji846]

Cheers chaps

KTMrider:

Emailed them all. Surprisingly most companies got back to me fairly quickly too, a couple didn’t reply but wasn’t worried.

Evil8Beezle:

Well the reason I was given is that the company have just decided to put another truck on the road that’s all. But yes I have been warned about the long and boring tipping/reloading times at the Palletforce Hub in Burton! :open_mouth:

djt1881:

KTMrider:

Emailed them all. Surprisingly most companies got back to me fairly quickly too, a couple didn’t reply but wasn’t worried.

Thought as much, Just sounds so easy to someone my age (over 40) - email a CV, get a job offer, 'cos I still remember the days of posting them off with a neatly folded handwritten letter (often your 2nd attempt) and then - silence :imp:

Been doing nights since September last year. Love it but I miss down the road stuff.