A question for the trainers! C+E Training wanted soon!

Hi all,

Obviously I know there is trainers on here, having obtained my C licence with SiD Training in stoke (paid for by work) I have got the bug and really want to progress to C+E, with the wages I’m on there is no way of affording it anytime soon, do any of you trainers on here offer finance payment for class 1 training and test? Or does anyone know of anywhere around staffordshire that does?

Many thanks in advance

Sorry, but I have to ask when you say you can’t save for C+E, what are you currently on an hour driving class C?

Evil8Beezle:
Sorry, but I have to ask when you say you can’t save for C+E, what are you currently on an hour driving class C?

£9 it’s gone up to starting this month from £8 after a bit of negotiating :unamused: but it’s experience and a foot in the door

But the cost of keeping a house and family soon mounts up

Also before it gets said I am aware there is plenty of class 2 drivers on nmw!

Tuckert92:

Evil8Beezle:

£9 it’s gone up to starting this month from £8 after a bit of negotiating :unamused: but it’s experience and a foot in the door

No criticism from me mate, a foot in the door and then negotiating a better rate, what is there left to have a pop at? :smiley:
Yes you can get finance, and your credit rating governs your options. The best is probably a 0% CC transfer, in the middle you have a loan, and at worst you have an ‘apprenticeship’ where you have to sign a contract to stay at the firm (crap job), and hand over your testicles! :open_mouth:

So I’d say find a good trainer, get a price and look at your options… :wink:

I don’t want to put a damper on your ambitions mate but I see you passed cat C just before Christmas, as your company paid for the cat C training did you have to sign a payback agreement or are you free to leave without having to repay any part of the training costs ?

2 year interest free credit card :bulb: :question:

tachograph:
I don’t want to put a damper on your ambitions mate but I see you passed cat C just before Christmas, as your company paid for the cat C training did you have to sign a payback agreement or are you free to leave without having to repay any part of the training costs ?

Neither me or the other driver have had to sign a waiver saying we have to pay anything back, but I have no intention of leaving straight away, I wish to get c+e as it would be ‘Another string to my bow’ as such. And whilst I’m working here it is the perfect opportunity to start the training as I start at 4 in the morning and everyday it’s job and knock so I can be finished early alot of the time.

Evil8Beezle:

Tuckert92:

Evil8Beezle:

No criticism from me mate, a foot in the door and then negotiating a better rate, what is there left to have a pop at? :smiley:
Yes you can get finance, and your credit rating governs your options. The best is probably a 0% CC transfer, in the middle you have a loan, and at worst you have an ‘apprenticeship’ where you have to sign a contract to stay at the firm (crap job), and hand over your testicles! :open_mouth:

So I’d say find a good trainer, get a price and look at your options… :wink:

Thanks for the advice mate!

There’s a fair few interest free credit cards around provided you have a sound credit rating. We also offer finance, but it is reliant on an excellent credit check and it does carry interest.

But I would also add that you need to figure out the chances of getting a CE job and earning enough extra money to pay for the training. IMO you shouldn’t set it on unless you can pay for it out of your existing income. Dangerous to make assumptions.

Hope this makes sense, happy to talk further if I can help.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

As your current employer paid for class 2 do they not offer incentive of class 1 progression? As alot say above plenty of 0% credit cards around if you have good credit.

As no one has mentioned it… Please STAY AWAY from brokers. They really will pull your pants down with the repayments. Either just save a little often and it will soon add up or work your arse off and hopefully your employer will invest further in you if you show your commitment.