highways work??

hi all
I have recently passed my HGV 2 with 1 minor and secured a job in Gillingham 1 hour from my home!!
commute travel and miles per day is a pain and the work has now evolved into loads of handballing and not only multi drop loads and paperwork but loads of overnight collections etc etc. some days bringing back more than dropping off. some of these loads are 30-50kg each…with just the driver and no help to load/off load.

I would really like a HGv drving job such as highways materials drops or hanson logistics/tipper work etc.

Any ideas on how to apply or flag up my CV to these people please?. I have been driving 6 months on PAYE etc…all clean inc full CPC.
I have been driving for over 30 years on my car licence so not an idiot on roads etc.

thank again for any help
great forum

Hi mate ,
I do tipper work for aggregate industries,
All their work is done by franchise companies,
They tend not to use agencies which is a good thing,

You could ring your local quarries and ask them who the franchise companies are or simply keep a look out for the trucks, most will say on the door who they are,
also Google tipper hire companies in your area ,

Next be warned lol , tipper work is a thankless job and you will in my experience on tarmac be spoken to like crap by tarmac layers weekly,
Often these [zb]s will try to get you to tip in dangerous situations and you have to be willing to put your foot down and tell them no, I’ve had 6 guys at my door telling(shouting) me it’s fine, stand your ground it’s on your head!
Later in the year I’m getting out of it,

On the plus side you should be given training ,
it’s a good way to gain some class 2 experiance as they dont seem overly fussy about low experience ,
it’s a full time job
The hours are reasonable
All the best
Dave

Try Elm Surfacing in Sittingbourne

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

many thanks guys…I had no notification of replies…very good of you…will look at hansons etc and the quarries

I am looking at doing my class 1 and any point to point driving job…any ideas? I like driving hate multi drop work tho for my class 2 work currentl full time on Paye
very thank less and it wears you down…SO WOULD REFERE ANY POINT TO POINT DELIVERIES SUCH AS ENGINEERING FIRMS OR OTHER GOOODS

mkmk:
many thanks guys…I had no notification of replies…very good of you…will look at hansons etc and the quarries

I am looking at doing my class 1 and any point to point driving job…any ideas? I like driving hate multi drop work tho for my class 2 work currentl full time on Paye
very thank less and it wears you down…SO WOULD REFERE ANY POINT TO POINT DELIVERIES SUCH AS ENGINEERING FIRMS OR OTHER GOOODS

Most, if not all jobs anywhere are thankless m8 in any industry

Just bag yourself the highest paid one you can get and carry on regardless :wink:

mmm…I think there are some employers who do care about keeping their staff out there…just finding them I guess

You dont mention where you are based i enjoy my class 2, sliding plastic facia out the back of the lorry 6 drops a day, some 2 day runs 1 night out, try jbs haulage sittingbourne on the eurolink estate, google them i got details of theire web site. Sittingbourne is just down from gillingham in kent and you can sleep in the yard all week if you want.