Driving Licence and CPC Card

Hi All,

Just a quick one, i passed my test on 05/02/2017 and my CPC 04/02/2017 so pretty much two weeks and i haven’t received anything back.

Does anybody know how long it takes to get your licence and CPC card come through the post?

My drivers card come through really quickly but cant drive without my licence and CPC card im told.

Thanks

Chris

When I passed cat c before Christmas, the dvsa test examiner made me aware that I could drive using my cpc mod 4 certificate and test past certificate as proof of qualifications until both cards arrive, driving licence came within 2 weeks, cpc card took nearly a month, Rog is probably the best to advise you

Thanks for the reply Truckert92, ill wait to see if ROG replies then.

You can definitely drive on the certs. No issue at all.

But some employers aren’t keen - possibly because they don’t understand the rules themselves!

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Thats brilliant, thanks for taking the time to reply Pete

Online checked ?

Sorry what do you mean online checked?

Think my licence took about 2 weeks to return after having had C+E added, but can’t exactly remember CPC (was pretty quick). Once it’s added online as Rog mentioned, it’ll be back within usually 2 - 3 days it seems. Just depends when DVLA got it and how much work they’ve got on at the time.

gov.uk/view-driving-licence is what Rog was mentioning - if it’s added as an entitlement there rather than a provisional then the licence will return pretty quick.

Yeah just checked and its been added. guess it will arrive shortly then.

Thanks guys

customerservices@dvsa.gov.uk
dcpc_cc@dvsa.gov.uk
Could try those to find out about dcpc - give them your driving licence number etc

Thanks Rog, will do

Im based in northern Ireland, passed my C in November past got licence back after 2 weeks, came back with on C marked on it but no C1 after 3 weeks of trying to ring them with no joy emailed them as to why c1 wasnt marked up on photocard they said no we only mark photocard with category that you took a practical test for, but can still drive c1. Then did cpc mod 4 test at start of january still havnt received my card( 6 weeks and counting) emailed them last week asking what the craic was told that there computer system wont upload that i passed cat C onto their system therefore wont issue me my card but said i can continue to use my certificate as proof of cpc.THEN i asked the question is this going to affect me doing my c+e as ive it booked for end of march still awaiting a reply on that 1