Merc Actros

What a pile of crap on a 64 plate, breaking my back by throwing me around on every bump in the road. I haven’t got much weight on but tried with lift axle up and down and no different. Give me a Volvo FH any day of the week, I only chose this as it does 56 being a hired truck but I don’t ever want one again.

Did you have the bouncy bouncy seat switched on or off. Driving 66 plates and no problem

nick2008:
Did you have the bouncy bouncy seat switched on or off. Driving 66 plates and no problem

If I remember correctly the switch in question is behind left knee.

Spent all night trying everything to find a better ride, every bump throws you whole body forward and then back into the seat, bounce or no bounce lol

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Try wearing the seat belt !

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

simcor:
Spent all night trying everything to find a better ride, every bump throws you whole body forward and then back into the seat, bounce or no bounce lol

That’ll be the switch behind the right knee then . It allows forward and rearward movement , pull the tab / switch to the top .
That’s what you get for wanting a truck just to rush around doing a few extra clicks

Yes they are dreadful things!They Drive like a car that has been lowered onto the floor ! seat makes zero diference ,15 and 65 plate both the same
Try too avoid mercs :laughing:

simcor:
What a pile of crap on a 64 plate, breaking my back by throwing me around on every bump in the road. I haven’t got much weight on but tried with lift axle up and down and no different. Give me a Volvo FH any day of the week, I only chose this as it does 56 being a hired truck but I don’t ever want one again.

I never had an issue that your having when i had a 14 plate actros.Maybe your doing something wrong .

blue estate:
Try wearing the seat belt !

Very good but I always wear my seatbelt. Doesn’t help though.

Renowned for throwing you about merc trucks are… I had one for a day and long story short I haven’t driven one since…

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

It’s not just me either other drivers have said the same. Hopefully i’ll not be stuck in one again, was in a Renault today which was OK. Out of choice though I would stick with the Volvo’s but who knows what the 12 plate ones will be replaced with this year.

simcor:
It’s not just me either other drivers have said the same. Hopefully i’ll not be stuck in one again, was in a Renault today which was OK. Out of choice though I would stick with the Volvo’s but who knows what the 12 plate ones will be replaced with this year.

Tuk tuk’s

I am not the tallest or heaviest of drivers I have driven a 64 plate never had that problem adjusted the seat to fit round me panel on left hand side of seat also controls along the right hand of seat where most are

Oh joy stuck in this bag of crap again tonight. Started an hour later than my preferred start time and my trailer isn’t loaded yet either. What a great start to the night.

simcor:
Oh joy stuck in this bag of crap again tonight. Started an hour later than my preferred start time and my trailer isn’t loaded yet either. What a great start to the night.

Welcome to the world of driving

Seem to have found a slightly better seating position. It’s almost lying back in the seat but it seems to help. But it still is horrible over any nasty bumps.

animal:

simcor:

Welcome to the world of driving

Just having a rant, I’ve been driving class 2 since 2003 on and off so I am well used to all the ■■■■ we have to put up with. Anyway it only got worse stuck in traffic at J13-12 on the M1, then lane closure on M25, not to mention all the “I’m more important than everyone else” running in lanes with red x above them which is illegal instead of trying to get across and keep the traffic flowing. Smart motorways a red x means you can’t use that lane and have to get across. Bankers. Finally waiting to get tipped after having to have a 15 min break on the way down here. Just having half hour whilst I am waiting to get on the bay. M25 will be fun not lol

I used to drive a BigSpace Actros at my last place and the ride was ok for a big cab. Started a new job about 8 months ago and mostly drive g cab scanias now. But we have one ex yodel 64 plate Actros with the small cab on hire and it’s completely different to my old BigSpace. Horrible thing so it is. Only truck I know that throws you back and forwards in the seat when you go over bumps. The axor wasn’t a great truck but I could live with driving one but this 64 plate is definitely a step backwards IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had a hire one last night, 64 plate gigaspace instead of the TGX XLX. Loved the drive of actros but doesn’t feel as homely as the TGX I think. Just don’t know why MAN fit the TGX with a massive steering wheel lol.

damoq:
Horrible thing so it is. Only truck I know that throws you back and forwards in the seat when you go over bumps.

See not just me that’s find it uncomfortable for anyone reading this post. Although oddly I’m sure this one we have hired In used to have yodel stickers on it lol