Sleeper cabs and tall drivers?

How long is the bunk in a sleeper cab? I know the width varies a lot in different cabs, but how about the length, is it actually anything like the width of the cab? Im a bit over 6’5" and gonna be doing my C/ CE training soon, and want to know if i’ll be able to stretch out!
Thanks

I could with plenty of room to spare and I am 6’3"

Im 6’5" plenty room pal

Sam Pereira:
How long is the bunk in a sleeper cab? I know the width varies a lot in different cabs, but how about the length, is it actually anything like the width of the cab? Im a bit over 6’5" and gonna be doing my C/ CE training soon, and want to know if i’ll be able to stretch out!
Thanks

You’ll fit mate! :smiley:
I was concerned about this when I first considered sleeping in a truck and I’m 6’ 5".
I don’t know the exactly length of the bed, but I’m nowhere near struggling for space/length…
I think our more rotund brethren are likely to struggle, as I think the width is more a factor! :laughing:

standard rigid cab is 2.3m or 7.5ft wide
Artic cab is 2.5m or 8.5 ft wide so no space issues
I’m 5ft 10 and can have a bag on one end of bunk and still stretch out

Good to hear, i do like my sleep! :slight_smile:

Sam Pereira:
Good to hear, i do like my sleep! :slight_smile:

If it’s a MAN cab get some 100mm thick foam as the bunk is not the softest :wink:

been sleeping in the back of my transit for a loooong time, so got my roll out foam already, so long as i can stretch out i’ll be happy

I’m 6’1 and I sleep with my fridge at the end of the bed because I’m too lazy to move it every night.

As others have said, plenty of room. I am the largest known beaver in the UK at 6’ 4".

eagerbeaver:
As others have said, plenty of room. I am the largest known beaver in the UK at 6’ 4".

Yeah but enough about your member, how tall are you?

Just a small portion here as I’m only 6’ but I’m fully stretched and have at least a foot to spare.

The bed has a decent girth as well.

Unrelated but my duvet cover has enough play in it to allow me to comfortably raise my hand up and down about 5 1/2 inches at varying velocities whilst in bed.

All in all lorrybeds give a great night’s sleep for even the tallest specimens.

Dipper_Dave:
Just a small portion here as I’m only 6’ but I’m fully stretched and have at least a foot to spare.

The bed has a decent girth as well.

Unrelated but my duvet cover has enough play in it to allow me to comfortably raise my hand up and down about 5 1/2 inches at varying velocities whilst in bed.

All in all lorrybeds give a great night’s sleep for even the tallest specimens.

:laughing: