ADR

I noticed recently the number of people looking at doing ADR.
Has ADR become the new “black”? If so why cos the rates aren’t really any better. I thought it might give me that extra bit of standing out but can’t say it did. Could’ve used that money elsewhere if I’d known

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

I think a lot are looking at the price difference between doing 35 hours periodic dcpc and doing a week of dcpc approved ADR which can get 28 hours included

Could be if the difference is not too much then its worth the extra for getting something other than just a tick in a few boxes

People trying to make themselves more employable. You can’t knock that.

ROG:
I think a lot are looking at the price difference between doing 35 hours periodic dcpc and doing a week of dcpc approved ADR which can get 28 hours included

Could be if the difference is not too much then its worth the extra for getting something other than just a tick in a few boxes

Never thought about that…good point

harrawaffa:
People trying to make themselves more employable. You can’t knock that.

Certainly not knocking it, I did that very thing but just saying its getting its the the thing to have and it’s having the exact opposite effect.

EddieMD:

ROG:

As I state here mate: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=128053
That’s the reason I did mine…

But on the topic of whether it’s useful, I’d say that all depends on what work you do.
If for example you’re on pallets as a limper and your hub carrys ADR goods, then it’s more than likely you should get a bit extra off the agency for doing an ADR round. I get a quid an hour, which to me wasn’t bad as I saw it as paying the CPC back…
And i’d also say that it meant I was more secure in getting work at that firm, as common sense states that they’d lay the non ADR limpers off first.

But as I have said before, check out your area and consider the work you want to do before defaulting to doing your ADR.
Maybe a HIAB course would suit some better…

Evil8Beezle:

EddieMD:

ROG:

As I state here mate: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=128053
That’s the reason I did mine…

But on the topic of whether it’s useful, I’d say that all depends on what work you do.
If for example you’re on pallets as a limper and your hub carrys ADR goods, then it’s more than likely you should get a bit extra off the agency for doing an ADR round. I get a quid an hour, which to me wasn’t bad as I saw it as paying the CPC back…
And i’d also say that it meant I was more secure in getting work at that firm, as common sense states that they’d lay the non ADR limpers off first.

But as I have said before, check out your area and consider the work you want to do before defaulting to doing your ADR.
Maybe a HIAB course would suit some better…

That was my thinking to. I’m agency and did mine last year, agency won’t pay extra so I don’t do ADR loads cos of that.

EddieMD:
I’m agency and did mine last year, agency won’t pay extra so I don’t do ADR loads cos of that.

I wouldn’t either mate, as why deal with the ADR crap if there is no incentive.
Leading me to guess that some muppets are doing it for free… :unamused:

I’d say speak to some different agencies, as remember that different agencies have different clients.
Changing leg is often as good as a rest when limping! :smiley:
And you might an ADR job on their books that suits you…

Evil8Beezle:

EddieMD:
I’m agency and did mine last year, agency won’t pay extra so I don’t do ADR loads cos of that.

I wouldn’t either mate, as why deal with the ADR crap if there is no incentive.
Leading me to guess that some muppets are doing it for free… :unamused:

I’d say speak to some different agencies, as remember that different agencies have different clients.
Changing leg is often as good as a rest when limping! :smiley:
And you might an ADR job on their books that suits you…

Yeah, rates are dropping quite a bit for it which is why I was asking the question as to why so many are wanting to do it now. I’m in the northeast and some agencies here are offering £9 hour for class 1 tramping with ADR