mod 4

Hi all this is my first post infact this is my first anything on Trucknet. I have recently passed class 2 and was on my 4th day of cpc periodic training when it came to light i was on the wrong course and should be doing initial cpc. Im told the mistake was due to me having a blue card for pcv and it was assumed i could go straight for the 35 hours periodic training the agro this as caused me is not funny at all. I quit my bus job on the promise of truck work and have now been wageless for 7 weeks. However i have only one more part to go which is the mod 4. I think i will be fine but i hoped someone could tell me if there is an official site i can refrence as the study material i have been given seems to conflict other sources. 2 examples are (in an emergency use triangles on hard shoulder) another says do not use triangles or cones on hard shoulder. Another one is (in an emergency on the hard shoulder assess if you need emergency services) whilst another says always contact them. I dont to mess up especialy due to bad info.
Any help will go a long way. thanks all.
Ashly

Rule 274
If your vehicle breaks down, think first of all other road users and

get your vehicle off the road if possible
warn other traffic by using your hazard warning lights if your vehicle is causing an obstruction
help other road users see you by wearing light-coloured or fluorescent clothing in daylight and reflective clothing at night or in poor visibility
put a warning triangle on the road at least 45 metres (147 feet) behind your broken-down vehicle on the same side of the road, or use other permitted warning devices if you have them. Always take great care when placing or retrieving them, but never use them on motorways
if possible, keep your sidelights on if it is dark or visibility is poor
do not stand (or let anybody else stand) between your vehicle and oncoming traffic
at night or in poor visibility do not stand where you will prevent other road users seeing your lights

… from

gov.uk/guidance/the-highway … 274-to-287

Note use a triangle

BUT

NOT ON A MOTORWAY

Only use a Gov.uk official website for legal issues

The mod 4 video + questions link is contained with the link in my signature below :smiley:

Pull up safely on hard shoulder.

Exit vehicle safely. If possible, isolate power supply.

Assess fire and tackle using correct extinguisher if safe.

Notify emergency services.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thanks everybody. so back to it i will let you know how i get on

There’s much misunderstanding about who is entitled to do what under these circumstances - and it’s not helped due to the ever moving goalposts.

But I suggest the OP calls 01908 787000 and explains the situation. It may just be that you could have gone through the periodic training route - but I’m certainly not saying that is the case. But worth asking the question.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Well i passed mod 4 got 95% it wasnt to difficult thanks to the help from all the posts so cheers to you all for that. My problem now seems to be the driving agency i took the courses with and promised work have had a change of heart i guess now they cant sell me anything else i am not needed and having looked on the job market im in for a challenge to find one. But at least i did it so onwards and upwards once again many thanks for all your help.
ASH

dazash1:
. My problem now seems to be the driving agency i took the courses with and promised work have had a change of heart i guess now they cant sell me anything else i am not needed and having looked on the job market im in for a challenge to find one.

What driving agency :question:

CENTRAL. Given up on hgv gone to grocery drop of low pay and hard work but it is work.

Unless I’ve got the wrong company Central is an employment agency, rule number 1 - never take the word of an employment agency about anything.

I believe the agency you referred to are in the Newcastle area, someone here may be able to tell you the best places to try for HGV work if you confirm that’s the approximate area you’re looking at for work.