Interview with Brakes

andy_s:

Tris:

Welshy74:
They just left a message on my phone

Think yourself lucky you dodged a bullet. My advice is to sort out a list of local hauliers, clean your car, get your hair cut, put some smarts clothes on, and drive around and present yourself to them. Sod all this emails, phone calls, cv ■■■■■■■■. You’re far better off showing some old fashioned iniative and presenting yourself directly to them.

Done the emails, cv and other things and have a little success with a couple of agency’s, but my plan later next week is pimp myself about the local companies in person. Done some research on names of TM’s etc. and will ask for them - not huge companies about here so not likely to have HR departments to contend with/ get through. I’ve also used Facebook to let people know I’m looking and have got some names to ask for that way. Also got a name for a local company off a chap on here as well.

My thinking is, on top of what agencies can give me now and again, if I can get a potential opening off my own back for a company I haven’t worked for via agency, then the company could well be interested if they haven’t got to pay some agency a hefty commission/ finders fee to take me on full time.

Best bet is to call first, ask if they have anything then go in a collect the application form in person. Fill it in ASAP then hand it back to the TM. Try and get him talking as it might lead into something else!