18t truck hire Kent [Merged]

Hello all. Any suggestions from anyone where to look and how much roughly per day? Box woyld be ideal.

Thanks in advance

mmeessii:
Hello all. Any suggestions from anyone where to look and how much roughly per day? Box woyld be ideal.

Thanks in advance

I think anything above 7.5 requires an o license to rent.

Google gives a few options if you have the o license

Sun rent in Tonbridge

Dawson Rental Maidstone? A few years since I used them.

Thanks for the suggestions peeps.

I had a look —looks l like these companies rent on commercial hire.

Anyone know of where i could hire from private ?

Thanks again

mmeessii:
Thanks for the suggestions peeps.

I had a look —looks l like these companies rent on commercial hire.

Anyone know of where i could hire from private ?

Thanks again

Nope as they all want O licence proof to hire

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You have to have an O licence to rent anything 7.5 ton and over these days, they won’t hire to you without you having an O licence anymore as has been said.

Ridiculous when it’s for private use for example moving home and your licenced to drive said vehicle but there you go.

simcor:
Ridiculous when it’s for private use for example moving home and your licenced to drive said vehicle but there you go.

The problem is mate, who knows what the person hiring the truck is going to do with it.
Not everyone is an honest and upstanding citizen… :cry:

Evil8Beezle:

simcor:

The problem is mate, who knows what the person hiring the truck is going to do with it.
Not everyone is an honest and upstanding citizen… :cry:

Who know that the rental company is honest and upstanding too? One near to me, who shall remain nameless, rented one to a customer of mine whose Ford Transit had blown up, and they had no transits or similar in stock. So they gave him an LF45… My customer came in to pick up some gear and I remarked that I didn’t realise he had a license for the LF as we were the same age and took our test at the same time some grandfather rights didn’t apply… “No mate, I’ve only got my car license…” he said, and promptly went off and spent the next several days picking up and dropping off goods to his workers at a whole host of building sites around the 3 counties!

:open_mouth:

That’s quality mate… :open_mouth:

Your friend I can forgive as he may not have known better, but the hire company should be ashamed of themselves. :unamused:
Thankfully he obviously didn’t have an accident!

Thanks for the answer folks.

My mate has o licence so he would be ok to hire right?

And you hit the nail on the head— it’s to help us in moving .

If you know someone with an o licence then yes they could rent the vehicle and allow you to drive it as long as your correctly insured etc.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Hi everyone

Sorry but as it says above… i would need advice please where to look asap… moving this saturday and my friend has got C class i still havent so we would be renting an 18t lorry… but where from?? Any ideas please??

nationwidehireuk.co.uk/trucks-for-hire/

It’s basically a rental broker, they have contracts with rental companies across the country. Used them for vans before, not trucks.

I don’t know about Kent but you could try Ryders in Croydon, I know they do insurance as well. Most firms that do short term hire expect you to put it on your own insurance. If you are just doing a domestic move you might get away with a 22ft bodied 7.5t

I thought you asked about that here = viewtopic.php?f=5&t=144264 :question:

Thanks for the suggestions everyone and ROG that’s correct i have asked this question before.

However those companies aren’t going to hire private.

Few days back i could have asked someone with O license but now unfortunately things have changed and i need private hire…

Thanks again everybody for the suggestions.

nationwidehireuk.co.uk/trucks-for-hire/

Operator licence is only required for business use - according to their FAQ’s
Let me know how you get on, I may use them too for home relocation.

Do I need an Operator’s License to drive a truck?

All truck rentals for business use MUST have a valid operator’s licence. For personal use there is no need for an operator’s license.

Are Dawson’s rentals still about, they had part of the yard that Neal Yates uses on the 228 at snodland

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mmeessii:
… that’s correct i have asked this question before.

I’ve merged your two topics into one to keep the discussion in one place, because they are on exactly the same subject.

I’d just add that the hire companies are afraid to hire to somebody without an ‘O’ licence because their vehicle can be impounded if there’s any suspicion that there’s any connection to a trade or business going on, even if it’s a household removal. This normally applies to vehicles **>**3.5t authorised GVW.

The hire companies have learned this lesson the hard way, because once impounded, it’s extremely difficult (sometimes even impossible) for them to get their vehicle back.