DVLA adding higher categories

Ashleigh100:
Hi guys/girls,

Passed my CE in September, but DVLA never added on category BE? I was under the impression that this was an automatic upgrade? Or is there a separate test to be done for this too? Seems stupid you can drive an artic but not pull a caravan?!

Any help greatly appreciated!

Ashleigh

Got this email today -

Thank you for your email received on 17/1/17. Your email reference number is 4066974.
Please accept my sincere apologies for the last response that was sent.
I can confirm if a driver passes category CE, it would upgrade the BE entitlement on the licence. This BE category would then be valid until 70 or would mirror the expiry date shown for the drivers category B.
Please note that the other entitlements (eg. C1E and D1E) if upgraded are the ones which will remain valid for as long as the category CE.
I hope this information helps.
Do not reply to this email. If you wish to contact us again about this response then please use our Reply Form or copy and paste the following URL in to your browser:
emaildvla.direct.gov.uk/emaildv … ivers.html
When filling in the form the email reference number 4066974 will be required.
Regards
L Morgan
DVLA Contact Centre

If you still do not have full BE on your licence then use the Email link under my username on the left to contact me so I can then forward the original email above to you if that will help