Newbe hello to all

Hello ,thought I’d introduce myself as I found this site last night and spent hours reading very helpful information (thank you ).
I’m in the process of going through the motions to obtaining the class c licence .
I’ve have the theory and hazards perception ,cpc booked for next Wednesday for the first time and I’m getting very excited now it’s getting closer .
I’ve been doing lots of practice test and been getting very good marks :slight_smile:.
I haven’t studied like this since I took my bike test back in 1996 so it’s been hard at times to retain information.

My job for the last 10 years is a multi-drop driver driving a 3.5t sprinter ,so I’m used to dumping info as fast as I take it in !.

I’ve been wanting to get on the lgv for years but life always got in the way but not no more WHOO .

The company I work for has very high standards of driving (for a van) I’m hoping with that and the 21 years of riding a bike all year round and the info I’ve read on here it’ll get me half way there before I jump in a truck .

I do know some areas that I need to improve !-mirrors when change of speed and mirrors before leaving from a stop especially the near side .
Thankfully I drive about 200 miles a day so I can put it into practice .

I also would like to say thank you all that has posted up all this great information as it’s a lot easier to digest than from books .

welcome aboard Lloydie :slight_smile:

Have you tried the free online theory questions :question: - about 1000 of them - contained in a link within the link in my signature below

ROG:
Have you tried the free online theory questions :question: - about 1000 of them - contained in a link within the link in my signature below

Not as yet , I will do tonight [emoji106]

ROG:

I’ve ban looking for what seams like hours and I still can’t find the link [emoji85].
Any chance you could post it on here please ?

Get the app .its cheap

Lloydie:

ROG:

I’ve ban looking for what seams like hours and I still can’t find the link [emoji85].
Any chance you could post it on here please ?

mocktheorytest.com/highway-code/heavy_vehicle/

Thank you for the link [emoji106]

Cov:
Get the app .its cheap

I’ve got the cd rom that I use every day [emoji106]

Welcome to the forum and good luck on your journey. I had yrs of multi drop behind me when I made the move and I don’t regret it for a second. Had enough of stupid drop counts and unrealistic collections to boot only 26 and I couldn’t hack multi drop much longer lol

Welcome and good luck! :laughing:

Thank you all for the welcomes [emoji12].

Welcome
I’m currently doing exactly the same, multi drop van work moving to hgv

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Krash:
Welcome
I’m currently doing exactly the same, multi drop van work moving to hgv

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

natural progression [emoji106] I can’t wait [emoji16]

Welcome to the forum mate, and for showing the initiative of reading up on the wealth of information here…
You’ll go far pal! :wink:

Well I’ve just sat the theory, hazard perception, initial CPC and passed all 3[emoji106]
All done in 80 minutes
Theory 98
Hazard 80
Cpc 45
Shows I still have learning to do :slight_smile:

But i passed .
Well happy :slight_smile:

Well Done.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

A pass is a pass. Well done! :smiley:

Lloydie:
I do know some areas that I need to improve !-mirrors when change of speed and mirrors before leaving from a stop especially the near side.

Try to stop using the interior mirror mate (within reason), as this should help you with checking the N/S one more. It can’t be overstated how important getting into the routine of checking this one incessantly. As well as ensuring it’s still there! :open_mouth:

Evil8Beezle:

Lloydie:
I do know some areas that I need to improve !-mirrors when change of speed and mirrors before leaving from a stop especially the near side.

Try to stop using the interior mirror mate (within reason), as this should help you with checking the N/S one more. It can’t be overstated how important getting into the routine of checking this one incessantly. As well as ensuring it’s still there! :open_mouth:

Thank you ,
The interior mirror magically fall off last week in the car :slight_smile: .
I drive for 10 hours a day in the van and I’m getting there with the mirror checks ,just trying to make it a natural process now [emoji106].
I’ve always used the mirrors a lot or thought I did but now I know it wasn’t enough !