Class 2 multidrop annoyances!

Had a titfull today of cars being right up behind me so I can hardly see them in my mirrors when braking, tight drop points where again impatient car drivers don’t give you any room to manoeuvre and cause even more of a bottle neck in side streets! Some of the drops are more suited to 7.5 tonnes too ridiculous some of them!

Impatient cars are a ball ache whatever you drive,I know where your at tho some of the shops we have to get in are crap at best BUT 1 thing to realise what car drivers don’t realise is you hold the upper hand every time.
Reason being if they get too close when your trying to reverse stop hazards on and get out to look even tho you know you have plenty of room look walk round and generally take longer than you need coz they are being impatient tossers,you will always win they are in a rush so keep em waiting longer because they couldn’t wait 30 seconds so keep em there 10 minutes,worth for the smug look when they finally get past lol.
Never rush coz of a car and hit something your job your time not theirs.

Jeff.

As daytrucker intimates, it’s a state of mind pal…
Don’t let them stress you out, use their idiotic behavior to amuse you! :grimacing:

When they are up your chuff stopping you from maneuvering, don’t think ‘oh bugger!’
Think ‘You’ve made life hard for yourself there pal, and your impatience is going to cost you’.
Always be polite, and as UNsarcastically as you can manage! :wink: explain to the brain dead moron what you’re trying to do…

You will spend a lot less time doing that, than you will filling out the accident forms by getting stressed out and rushing! :smiley:

I will disagree on one aspect though, they do seem to give Artic’s slightly more respect/a wide berth…
But that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t always check what’s up your arse before you start reversing!

Haha some good pints there from both of you. Once I’m home I don’t give a ■■■■ I’m totally chilled out, just some days it real drives me insane. Their having a go at you for blocking the road or unloading but they pull right up to your tail lift and then expect you to sort the space out to let them through or you pull out of the way when’s there’s no chance in hell of even a bike fitting through! :laughing: I laugh now because I’m home and chilled out !

Simple really the closer they get to you when your trying to reverse the longer you take make em wait lol
You have the right idea clock out leave work stress at work and enjoy home time and chill,must get my good lady to fetch me another bottle of beer from the fridge :grimacing:

If reversing I sometimes try to see just how close I can get to their car before they panic and jump out waving like a loon!

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

Favourite thing of today for me mate was whenever I had to pull over to take a look for the unit I was searching for and indicated before braking and then putting the hazards on to say I was going nowhere.
I kid you not no fewer than seven times the ■■■■■■ car driver following to close sat there for at least a minute before getting it and driving around me lol

Now if you want to moan about one thing what about the ■■■■■■■■■ who while trying to reverse down a side street and needing a shunt because of parked cars try their best to get past before you move forward !!

Ah, Class 2 multidrop. Oh what fun I used to have on that. London was one of the best, just stick your hazards on and get into position then start, they will either move or they won’t. If they won’t move then just sit there. Done that plenty of times just to see who blinks first.

the roads are full of idiots…don’t let them get you down! this morning i reversed my artic out of our IOW store goods yard (with a banksman), onto the adjoining side road…as i straightened up alongside the parked traffic,an old geezer in a car just drove up to the front of my cab :unamused: traffic behind me…waiting,and this bell-end and 2 others all sat there going nowhere! i just sat there reading my paper and let my banksman sort old gerry atric out :laughing:

Everything!

I used to work for a well known catering company and I soon adopted the ‘f**k em’ approach. Stick the hazards on, dump the wagon outside the shop/store and make the delivery. Nice guys finish last in the multi-drop game.

Don’t get stressed mate. Your the professional driver.
Remember you are much bigger than them so let them move around you.

Just chill after all they would soon moan if there was nothing in the shops
‘Without truckers you get nothing’

The best i had recently was on an industrial estate with loads of parked cars either side of the road. Right at the end of the road was an after-school gymnastics club, and just before there was my delivery point. i reversed down as it’s a dead end road and the pallet was on the nearside as was the delivery point. Some snotty woman followed me down to the bottom and as soon as i stopped, she starts beeping at me. She said “and how the hell do you expect me do take my daughter to gymnastics with you in the way” (the gymnastics club was literally 20 yards walk from where she was) so i said, i’m sorry that my presence allows you to fulfill only 99% of your criteria but i’m sure your daughter is capable of walking 20 yards. She then diagonally parked her car across the front of my lorry and proceeded to walk her daughter down there thinking she’d had one up on me, unfortunately for her, by the time i’d flagged down a forklift driver, got tipped and got signed she’d gone. Don’t take any ■■■■, the people that complain about you being there are usually the same people that don’t expect you to show up when they order something massive on the internet, they think steptoe and son are coming to install their new water feature and get upset when it’s delivered on pallet. Get it off, get it signed, get the ■■■■ out of there!