Latest news and offers from Peter Smythe Transport Training

Welcome to the Peter Smythe Transport Training thread. In this thread Peter Smythe Transport Training can inform you of all their news and latest offers, and You can ask any questions about their services:

If you need training look no further .
Great trainers
Great staff
Perfection

Hi folks. This is a repeat of an offer we made a while back that was popular - so here we go again.

For a long time we’ve given Trucknetters 10% discount off everything we do. But now we’re going one step further and giving free driver cpc as well. So this could be Mods 2 and 4 incl training and test fees or 35 hrs (some of which may be gained from the driver training). All completely free when a full C or CE course is booked and paid for.

Some simple t’s and c’s:

Cpc training must be taken within 12 months of driving course
Once cpc dates are agreed, they are not transferable and will be lost if cancelled by the customer for any reason
No free accommodation during driver cpc training
Cannot be used towards ADR training
Winner of free course agrees to publicity on social media

So, to be clear, a discounted C or CE course - together with free cpc (either initial or periodic)currently has a total cost of £1260 and £1305 respectively. And there is still free accommodation for the duration of the driving course for those living more than 70 miles from our centre. There will be a rate increase during 2017 but anyone booked beforehand will avoid it. (it’s not going to be huge anyway).

Probably the best value to be had.

To take advantage of this, give your Trucknet user name when booking.

The offer will be withdrawn 23rd December 2016. Deposits must be received by close of business 23rd December 2016 to qualify.

ON TOP OF THIS, EVERYONE WHO HAS PAID THEIR DEPOSIT WILL BE ENTERED INTO A PRIZE DRAW - - AND THE PRIZE IS A FREE COURSE + CPC! THIS WILL BE DRAWN ON DECEMBER 23D AT THE END OF BUSINESS (4pm) AND THE WINNER WILL BE INFORMED BY PHONE. THIS WILL ALSO BE PUBLICISED ON SOCIAL MEDIA.

Really clever folks will pay £150 x 2 and get the offer twice over. Once for C and once for CE. For those with no current driver cpc you’ll get 10 years driver cpc out of this - - completely free of charge! All you have to do is to call with your £300 and book the training, when it suits you, to take place during 2017. Doing this will save around £900 in total. Not to be sniffed at - - and wont be repeated anytime soon! £2565 for C, CE and 10 years cpc.

Remember the offer is open only to registered Trucknet users. You don’t need to be a regular poster - so long as you can quote your user name when you book.

PLEASE NOTE THAT YOU CAN REGISTER WITH US WITHOUT A PROVISIONAL LICENCE AND TAKE FULL ADVANTAGE OF THIS OFFER! SIMPLY CALL THE OFFICE 01623 555661 DURING OFFICE HOURS AND SET YOURSELF ON THE RIGHT ROAD.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Some videos of our training centre

youtube.com/channel/UCFIbqo … 9TkeU8jy_Q

BREAKING NEWS!! As of today, we have our own “in house” Mod 4 assessor available to conduct Mod 4 for our own trainees and also for anyone else. So other trainers are welcome to call us for a test and individuals who are looking for a test can now book direct with us.

Well, I kind of wish I’d booked with you Peter.

The only reason I didn’t is because after passing C then CE, I wanted to book an extra couple of hours practicing reversing artic between trailers etc and you couldn’t offer that service :frowning:

My training got cancelled today(trainer sick) Can’t help that. I might be able to do it next week with the test the following week. But the customer service I’ve been getting isn’t that great(not going to mention the training company yet as I’ve paid and don’t want an even poorer service)

First set of lessons booked for wed-fri am & mon-tues am. My cpc mod 2 test was also booked for same morning as training 45 miles away. They swapped me to pm’s (my original request). They’ve still not booked me a mod 4 test yet, I reminded them by email on the 17th Nov, it’s now the 30th. I’m waiting to see how long this one takes.

Unhappy camper today :cry:

Sounds like typical behaviour from a broker.

Paul

Wasn’t a broker, it’s is a fairly high profile company thats the annoying thing.

I wanted to book an extra couple of hours practicing reversing artic between trailers etc and you couldn’t offer that service :frowning:

We can certainly do that - no problem. Clearly a misunderstanding somewhere down the line. Anyway, hope you get sorted out and you get the outcome you’re aiming for.

All the best, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

What a week! Ordered two brand new Renault 4 wheelers for delivery next year. This will make the average age of our CAT C fleet less than 2 years. Quite proud of that tbh. Average age of artics is just over 3 years - - so need to sort that out soon!!

New website address is www.petersmythe.co.uk

Thanks, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

So how much is the whole shebang now Pete? (C+E+10yrs-cpc) wish I read this last month[CONFOUNDED FACE]

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

To be able to answer accurately I need to know:

What licence you have now (does it include C1 or C?)
Do you have any current driver cpc entitlement?
What area do you live?
Where are you in the process? (eg do you have provisional licence)

If you can answer these for me I can give you a firm quote. If you’d rather do this privately, feel free to pm.

All the best, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Just to let you folks know that we now offer Pass Protection. There’s no smoke and mirrors. You simply pay £300 before you start training and this will give you up to THREE retests (vehicle hire and test fee). This would normally cost £900 as the cost of a retest is £300.

So all you’re doing is looking a little bit on the black side and paying for a retest up-front.

Now ask me why! Simple. The vast majority of our trainees (in excess of 75%) pass their test on the first attempt. But the ones who didn’t pass are capable - so why didn’t they? It’s a combination of factors but the most common is nerves. And why are folks nervous? Apart from the fact it’s called a test and few people enjoy them, it’s the financial implications of not passing. And ironically that’s exactly why some don’t pass! Then, of course, there are good drivers who make a misjudgement under unusual circumstances - and bingo, a retest needed.

So the principle is simple; you have the option of paying a retest fee upfront so you can relax and enjoy the whole experience. You wont get it back if you pass first time, but neither do you get your car insurance back if you don’t have a bump.

This wont suit everyone but at least the facility is on offer and it’s totally up to the candidate whether or not they want to use it.

There’s no kidology - - the cost is obvious in the first line of this post so cant be any clearer.

If you want me to take the chance, take up Pass Protection. If not, decline the offer - simple!

What percentage take more than 2 tests to pass :question:

If protection is taken for C but passed first time can it be used for CE :question:

ROG:

If protection is taken for C but passed first time can it be used for CE :question:

thats a very good question [emoji106]

Lloydie:

ROG:

Which one ? - I posed two

Only a small proportion of candidates require more than 2 tests - which is why the PP offers up to 3 retests - it makes it close to guaranteed. Anyone passing 2nd time has incurred no more cost. But as I tried to explain, given that most fails are due to nerves and that this in turn is not helped by the financial implications, my hope would be that the 1st time pass rate would improve in any case. But it’s a clear gamble either way which is why it’s on offer, but certainly not compulsory!

And no, it cant be transferred from one course to the next. That’s a bit like saying that you didn’t bump your car this year so can next year be free please!! It wouldn’t happen.

The emphasis is on the fact that this is available for those who feel it might be beneficial to them. But no-one’s saying they must have it.

ROG:

Lloydie:

ROG:

Which one ? - I posed two

the 2nd one

If only a very very proportion need more than two tests and 75% pass first time then based on those odds I would hold onto the £300 just in case I needed a second test = makes logical sense