Feedback for www.lgv-driving-school.co.uk/

Hi,
Been a browser for a week, finally registered.
Coming via the grandfather route with lots of driving (around 60k p.a.) but looking for a change.
Looking for driver training in April or early May for a class 2 then a class 1 back to back if possible.
The company at lgv-driving-school.co.uk/ says they can do this for just over 2k.
I could not find any positive or negative feedback via the search options.

Has anyone had experience of them, good or bad!

:sunglasses:

indeed:
Hi,
Coming via the grandfather route with lots of driving (around 60k p.a.) but looking for a change.
Looking for driver training in April or early May for a class 2 then a class 1 back to back if possible.
The company at lgv-driving-school.co.uk/ says they can do this for just over 2k.

why dont you use flair which is near chelmsford ? i passed first time on both class 1 and 2 and its Ā£1799 for both
http://www.flairtraining.co.uk/courseoptions0814.htm

that site looks like a broker to me but i could be wrong

Yes, I think they must be a broker, on reflection they said they could fit me into a couple of centres. I am based I the south west but can travel. I take it you had a good experience with flair. Especially as you passed both :laughing:

Cheaper also helps!

Thanks.

Google maps shows their ā€œtraining centreā€ as an office, probably in a shared block.

Iā€™ve never heard of them. Be suspicious of any trainer devoting more time to selling finance (although it appears to be zero%) and giving virtually no information about the training.

I also have a strong dislike for websites that use pictures from Google rather than genuine pictures of their own vehicles.

It might be worth asking them if they can give you a tour of the training centre and see what the response is.

I emphasise that the mere fact that I havenā€™t heard of them doesnā€™t mean theyā€™re no good.

Iā€™ll pm you some more information.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Thanks.

I swear there used to a be list of approved schools as a sticky on this board.

Knowing what I know about HGV training I would never use a school unless it has been recommended by a very credible source. Shame I didnā€™t know this before I took my first test.

My instructor even said some schools get their trainers via the agencies. As no formal qualifcation is required to be a hgv instructor.

This is the list of DVSA LGV Training Centres. Be aware that many folks claim to be approved but they are simply lying. Check the list.

dft.gov.uk/fyn/lgv.php

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

indeed:
Hi,

Broker Mateā€¦stay clear of them

Hereā€™s a list of training companies who have all been recommended by people on this board.

Recommended Training companies

Swampey2418:

indeed:
Hi,

Broker Mateā€¦stay clear of them

Cheers.

tachograph:
Hereā€™s a list of training companies who have all been recommended by people on this board.

Recommended Training companies

Thanks for this, it is a great resource, thanks for all the replies.

If an advert for LGV training says they can train you nationwide then it has to be a broker as no LGV training company with their own vehicles and instructors I know of has that many training locations

indeed:
Yes, I think they must be a broker, on reflection they said they could fit me into a couple of centres. I am based I the south west but can travel. I take it you had a good experience with flair. Especially as you passed both :laughing:

If youā€™re anywhere near Exeter, I can recommend Steve Robertson Training Services in Exeter. I passed both C and C+E first time with them, plus D1 that I took myself shortly after the Cat.C training. Further afield, PSTT (the forum sponsor) seems to have a good reputation here, although Iā€™ve not used them myself.

adam277:
I swear there used to a be list of approved schools as a sticky on this board.

Itā€™s still here Adamā€¦

LGV TRAINING TIPS [Reworked 01/02/2022] (Read only) - #5 by rog - NEW AND WANNABE DRIVERS (INTERACTIVE) - Trucknet UK