Euro Truck Simulator 2

How realistic is Euro Truck Simulator 2 please,ie for reversing?

Not very.

agreed, not very, but still better than nothing and you might get the idea though

I had never reversed a trailer of any description but when I went out for an assessment drive in one of petes artics I managed to reverse it in between a bus and another training vehicle all thanks to euro truck simulator. It may not be realistic but using a steering wheel controller it did get me used to which way to steer when going backwards which helped me considerably when doing the reversing exercise.

If you’ve never reversed a trailer it will help to a degree.

If you want to practice reversing a trailer, see if you can find a friend or relative with a car and trailer (or even better, a caravan) you can use. Take it to an open car park and have a practice.

I’d played ETS/ETS2 for years before I ever took up the real thing. The principles of which way to turn and how the trailer reacts became second nature before I ever got into a truck. Granted, real life reversing is more difficult, but it’ll give you a good start.

paulweller84:
If you want to practice reversing a trailer, see if you can find a friend or relative with a car and trailer (or even better, a caravan) you can use. Take it to an open car park and have a practice.

Before doing this, make sure the owner of the car/trl combo has insurance for it and for you to drive it and make sure you’re licence covers you provisionally!

I know this is a pretty old thread now but I came across these posts wondering the same thing.

When i first started with ETS2 I found it really difficult and usually just used the park it option. Now after a handful of attempts I can usually get it in there a lot better, sometimes with just one attempt. I agree, it’s not the real thing, but this is why it’s called a simulator. I think if you can get the reverse principle/technique into your head then you’re part the way there when it comes to the real thing.

I have been playing eurotruck sim 2 in VR with the oculus rift headset.

Should play the multiplayer, most realistic thing ever :laughing:

It gives you a good idea on what to expect on the road. Better with a gaming steering wheel.

At least if you hit a bridge it doesn’t hurt. Why because it’s not REAL.

Get yourself on gta 5 [emoji1787]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iHarry:
Should play the multiplayer, most realistic thing ever :laughing:

I second that! Flying cars and trucks all over the place, where physics doesn’t really apply.