This is what i have been supposed to pick

IMAG0164.jpg

Thats how a trailer’s wheel looked like

Also could not find the trailer motbdisc and the leg handle (is it what it’s called?) could not be secured as that holding arm was not present at all

Got another trailer after defecting this one

Right thing to do. Well done.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

cheers Pete :smiley:

Wow! What was the rest of the trailer like??

blueovalcraig:
Wow! What was the rest of the trailer like??

Probably still in the field where they pulled it out of

I’d say it definitely had seen better times. :slight_smile:

By the looks of the picture, i’d say the time is quarter to five! :open_mouth:

A closer inspection of the wheel nuts might have enabled you to satisfy yourself that they were sufficiently tight (probably heavy corrosion which tells you they haven’t moved in a long time). We have several trailers like that.

A missing MOT disc is a significant worry, but not being able to secure the leg handle sounds like a definite VOR to me.

I do carry some large cable ties in my driver’s bag, so if the handle was the only issue I might have been tempted to jerry-rig a temporary solution if I was away from base in order to get home. However, if you’re already in the safety of home base then it sounds like someone else’s problem.

You can generally wind the legs up to just the right height for the handle to fit in the foot. :bulb:
If the legs have wheels on forget that idea.

cheers for the input ORC.

ORC:
A closer inspection of the wheel nuts might have enabled you to satisfy yourself that they were sufficiently tight (probably heavy corrosion which tells you they haven’t moved in a long time).

i reckon someone mentioning that if the wheelnut indicators are not aligned then it is a definite visit for a man with a torque wrench at least. I accept your point that the wheel might be secured well, but that would mean for me to manually align the indicators which does not sound right to me.

ORC:
not being able to secure the leg handle sounds like a definite VOR to me

Interestingly i thing i managed to secure the handle in a position just behind the safety bars so the bar holds its end.

Also i just noticed that a bolt is missing on the picture (which i missed at that time tbh). Probably not the one that holds the rim.

axletramp:
You can generally wind the legs up to just the right height for the handle to fit in the foot. :bulb:
If the legs have wheels on forget that idea.

that’s a good one. i will keep it :slight_smile: