Tacho smart card application

So few weeks back I passed my cat C sooo super happy [emoji1] I immediately started to call agencies and applying for lots of jobs. Then found out you HAVE to wait for licences to come back cause no one is interested without them. So I waited. Then got them but my Digi card didn’t arrive and my training school had said they’d look after getting the passes so I just didn’t think.
Slowly it occurred to me I never signed anything so maybe I should have applied myself? Aaaaargh![emoji33]
So, tip to newbies; as soon as you pass for your CPC apply for the digi smart card cause it takes two weeks before you get it, and without it NO job. Oh, and it costs £32.

You don’t have to wait until you’ve done the DCPC before applying for a driver card :wink:

tachograph:
You don’t have to wait until you’ve done the DCPC before applying for a driver card :wink:

So, you’re saying you can already apply for a card before you’ve passed the CPC test?

Yoni:

tachograph:

So, you’re saying you can already apply for a card before you’ve passed the CPC test?

Yup, you don’t even need to have your HGV provisional.

Yes, some jobs are exempt from the DCPC but still require you to have a driver card, so you can see that you don’t have to have a DQC before applying for a driver card.

KCLeblanc:

Yoni:

tachograph:

Yup, you don’t even need to have your HGV provisional.

Well, maybe someone can add that info to the newbie stuff to inform others cause now I’m broke and have to wait two weeks [emoji36] [emoji35] [emoji22]

Hi I have started my training for class 2, can I apply for my card now then?

kopkings1:
Hi I have started my training for class 2, can I apply for my card now then?

Yes

As has been said, you don’t even have to wait until you’ve started your training to get a driver card.

Sent from my mobile.

Thank you