Cat C Passed

Passed today - chuffed to bits :slight_smile:

Big thanks to Peter Smythe and especially to my instructor Dave who was excellent and even managed to remain positive when I tried to drive through a red light yesterday (Ooops :blush: ) looking forwards to C+E - get ready Dave I’m not done yet! :smiley:

Congrats pal. :wink:

:smiley: :smiley:

Congrats mate!

Nice one pal! :smiley:

Thanks all :smiley:

The only time to worry about a red light, is if the word ’ district ’ follows it.

Unless of course, you are simply asking for ’ directions '.

I am a bit confused as to what I need to do in order to get my CPC ‘Mod 2, Mod 4’, the initial course?

Don’t know if it is significant to the question but I passed my original driving test in 1984 and I am 48 years old.

congrats mate.

how long till you do your C+E

deltawing:
congrats mate.

Cheers mate, booked in for C+E in about 6 weeks time. :smiley:

Well done on passing category C.

I’ve just moved my answer to your driver CPC question to the dedicated thread you started on that topic. It might be best to go back and edit out the question in this thread to stop answers being split across two threads.

Congratulations on the pass!

Speak quick and you can get some of your CAT C credited to cpc. And when you come back for CE some of that can also be credited.

There is a charge for this of course - but still subject to 10% Trucknet discount.

You could go for Mods 2 and 4 (initial qualification) but this can be troublesome. Give Tracey or Aaron a call and they will check to see which is the easiest route for you.

All the best, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

:smiley: Cheers all

MickyB666:

deltawing:
congrats mate.

Cheers mate, booked in for C+E in about 6 weeks time. :smiley:

nice 1 C+E is where the fun really starts.

you got any class 2 work lined up in the mean time

deltawing:
…

Cheers :smiley:
Nothing yet - I am being made redundant 24.07.15, I am hoping to have a short break before starting a new job.
Whilst I was doing Cat C I spoke to a couple of the lads who were doing C+E they said that they found that there was loads of work available and were in work 2 days after passing, hopefully it proves to be true.
I thought about approaching the local big boys for work first Canute, Wincanton etc then if all else fails agencies. How does the process tend to work for new recruits are you thrown the keys and told to get on with it or do they tend to ‘mentor’ for a while?

MickyB666:
How does the process tend to work for new recruits are you thrown the keys and told to get on with it or do they tend to ‘mentor’ for a while?

Haha this is driving my boy!

Mentoring ? What’s that! As Mr Eastwood said in Heartbreak Ridge :

" We improvise, we adapt!"

Welcome to driving as a living [emoji3]

MickyB666:

deltawing:
…

Cheers :smiley:
Nothing yet - I am being made redundant 24.07.15, I am hoping to have a short break before starting a new job.
Whilst I was doing Cat C I spoke to a couple of the lads who were doing C+E they said that they found that there was loads of work available and were in work 2 days after passing, hopefully it proves to be true.
I thought about approaching the local big boys for work first Canute, Wincanton etc then if all else fails agencies. How does the process tend to work for new recruits are you thrown the keys and told to get on with it or do they tend to ‘mentor’ for a while?

with the agencies you will just turn up and get the keys chucked in your general direction. no mentoring which seems to be why in our place a lot of the trucks are banged up.

i was lucky enough to find a firm that would take me on and they have been great! had me shunting in the yard for a few days to get me better at reversing (coz lets face it the reversing you do for your test doesnt prepare you for the real world) then they sent me out with one of there old hands that took me out and taught me the job.

deltawing:
…i was lucky enough to find a firm that would take me on and they have been great! had me shunting in the yard for a few days to get me better at reversing (coz lets face it the reversing you do for your test doesnt prepare you for the real world) then they sent me out with one of there old hands that took me out and taught me the job.

That would be my ideal scenario…I will just have to wait with my fingers crossed to see what’s on offer once I have passed C+E.