Newbie driver anybody know of a good satnav?

Hi all I’m new to this site, and the world of class 1 driving.
I’ve been lucky enough to get a permanent job with no experience driving class 1’s at all. I’ve had 10yrs on the class 2’s and what can I say it’s defiantly easier to manoeuvre than the class 2. Anyway I’m just asking my crapnav has died and I need a new one. Some people have told me to go and get a snooper, with the freeview for the nights out but I don’t have a clue, any help would be most helpful
Many thanks.

I have a TomTom 5150 and it awesome. Pricey but it does the job.

I have one of the cheap chinese p-navi recommended in this thread.

Great bit of kit at a great price. Can’t fault it.

Snooper, I’ve got the TV one, but very rarely use it (I player on my iPad instead) you can put the size & weight of your vehicle in it & it’s does a pretty good job of getting you there. Around £350-£400ish, but worth it, Imo.

I have a tomtom 7150 pro for sale. I advertised it on eBay and 8 days later the winning bidder still hasn’t paid for it. He keeps on giving me the old I’ve been out all week and didn’t realise I’d won it.
So it looks like it’s going back up for sale in the new year.

Regards SB.

You will need a TV for nights out, it will help you to relax after a long day.The Snooper S 8000 has Freeview, most motorway shops sell them at a Phonebitz franchise, ask for a discount, start high , then go lower if he won’t budge.
The Snooper can work out up to 16 multidrops, routes for Adr loads.
Live incident updates, such as road closures to avoid.
You enter the vehicle dimensions.
Enter car mode for London as it gets a hissy fit before the timed Lgv bans, then when getting near, switch to Lgv mode to avoid having an argument with a low bridge, 100% of the time, the bridge wins.,

There’s a guy on Facebook that’s a member of most of the HGV Drivers groups and he makes or at least distributes satnavs. Think it has about a 10" screen or something and it’s only £60. I’m usually dead skeptical about cheap stuff like that but everyone I’ve spoke to about them said that they’ve never let them down once. Think it has the TV built in etc as well as inputting the vehicle dimensions, so all the important stuff.

Sorry I can’t give you his name but no doubt someone here will know him.

Save yourself a lot of money and get one of these. They honestly are the dogs ■■■■■■■■!! hgv-trucktables.co.uk/7-inch … at-nav.php

toby1234abc:
You will need a TV for nights out, it will help you to relax after a long day.The Snooper S 8000 has Freeview, most motorway shops sell them at a Phonebitz franchise, ask for a discount, start high , then go lower if he won’t budge.
The Snooper can work out up to 16 multidrops, routes for Adr loads.
Live incident updates, such as road closures to avoid.
You enter the vehicle dimensions.
Enter car mode for London as it gets a hissy fit before the timed Lgv bans, then when getting near, switch to Lgv mode to avoid having an argument with a low bridge, 100% of the time, the bridge wins.,

I’ve decided I’m going to sell my TomTom 7150 and thinking about going for a snooper. I’ve never had a problem with my 7150 apart from updating maps, and very occasionally sending me down the wrong road. Are snoopers similar to TomTom’s and is the user interface easy to get on with?

Ive just got a snooper 7500 on offer out of trucking mag,you get a free bear grylls pen knife,its bang on especially with the tele to watch while you are tipping etc,its a bit cheaper than the 8000 but i cant see any difference in what it does :neutral_face:

Thanks Seth, sounds like it’s a worthwhile piece of kit. I’ve just been looking in you tube and it certainly looks like it give tomtom a run for its money. I like the idea of a tv to watch while your tipping/ parked up for the night.

Sam Millar:
There’s a guy on Facebook that’s a member of most of the HGV Drivers groups and he makes or at least distributes satnavs. Think it has about a 10" screen or something and it’s only £60. I’m usually dead skeptical about cheap stuff like that but everyone I’ve spoke to about them said that they’ve never let them down once. Think it has the TV built in etc as well as inputting the vehicle dimensions, so all the important stuff.

Yeh I’m trying to find the post where this guy posted a link for these satnav. Cant bloody ring It!!!

Jasesonix:

Sam Millar:

Yeh I’m trying to find the post where this guy posted a link for these satnav. Cant bloody find It!!!

Here we are got it. Seems to be a former trucker so should be good. I’m going to buy this one.

rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre … 3415424322