Helping a wannabe!

idrive:

jamesdarlington:

Moonpigdan:
Hi read your post with interest as I’m in the same boat as you. I’m face to face with ever critical and demanding customers daily. As a carpet fitter my take home pay is a little less than yours which is fine but I’m fed up with it. After 28 years who wouldn’t be.

The feeling of doing something enjoyable can’t have a value placed on it but in the real world the money needs to be there for mortgage etc

My plan is to not jump ship straight away. I’m going to do a assessment drive Jan/February next year. Once I’ve saved enough I’ll do cat c training and test late 2015 I will then at least have that on my license. When the time comes where Ive simply had enough on my knees I’ll do what’s necessary to earn a living driving with the understanding that I will need to take a cut in wages.

Don’t give up on it mate. I had grand ideas on being an airline pilot about 10 years ago alas I was about 27grand short :laughing:

Old thread but how did it go? Did you go into the industry? If so how has it panned out?

More to the point, did YOU go into the industry?

I’m in the same boat as you was James (only just realised it was 2014 you started this topic) and want to know how things panned out for you. I’ve registered with a couple of agencies and hoping leave my job and start Class 2 work soon