L and T training

has anyone learnt with these fellas i past my test 22yrs ago and a bloke called rob learnt me ,they were a great bunch of lads just wondered who was doing the training there now,its at fitswilliam west yorks ,cheers seth :wink: :wink:

I’ll be doing my training there soon so I’ll let you know.

T3LMY:

Nice one m8 ,good luck ,how much is it now :question: it cost me 5 hundred for a 5 day course and my test ,that was 20yrs since thow ,like i said a bloke called rob took me [loved his sellf]he was sound thow ,is it still up in the old pit yard in the middle of nowhere :question: :question: :unamused: :unamused: you will find when you are riding round in the lorry a lot of people in trucks will wave who have learnt thru them.

It’s cost me around £1500 for my class 2 course. Including my medical, theory test, hazard test etc… It’s a 5 day course. Not sure of my trainers name, going in holiday for two weeks soon starting as soon as I get back so I’ll keep you updated. Yep it’s still in the same place they have a test centre there now so doing my full test from there which is a great help, I’ll be used to the reversing bays.

I passed my class 2 back in December, would definitely recomend, very good setup.

Iv only heard good things about this place iv never used them for anything though.
I passed with a bloke who had an iveco wagon+drag parked at his house just of the M62 at the A19 junction,I can’t for the life of me remember what he was called,did my test at Patrick green test centre in wakefield.

I did my C2 there, passed first time… Went elsewhere for my C1 as I didn’t like the set up.

Your day is actually half a day, out earlyish, back in the yard for 11 then get plonked in front of a computer for an hour or so watching videos of the test route so the wagon you were in could go back out again with another lad on his full ‘day’.

If I had not passed first time I’d of been complaining massively. Really really unimpressed.

philmots:
I did my C2 there, passed first time… Went elsewhere for my C1 as I didn’t like the set up.

Your day is actually half a day, out earlyish, back in the yard for 11 then get plonked in front of a computer for an hour or so watching videos of the test route so the wagon you were in could go back out again with another lad on his full ‘day’.

If I had not passed first time I’d of been complaining massively. Really really unimpressed.

U passed thow m8 ,thats main thing, :wink:

T3LMY:

Whats the latest m8,how you gone on :question: :question:

Did my mod 4 training with this bunch…well if you could call it that. They asked me to come in the day before test 10:00 for the 4 hours training. I got sat in front of a laptop for an hour watching videos on the basics of the cpc and the different parts of the test which was fair enough, then it got to the practical bit…

they showed me how to use the loading bar and the ratchet strap…part way through this about half hour in, I get called into the office to be told they had two tests in the times I was supposed to be training and that I had two options. Go home and come back in the morning for the remainder of the training or sit about for 3 hours until they finished with the tests…so I chose to go home and come back in the morning for the remainder of the training seemed more logical

i go back in the next morning to be plonked back infront of the laptop to watch the DVDs the guy who was originally going to train me.decided to put me with someone else where I was asked if I knew how to use the load restraints where I said I had a little practice the day before but not on the chain binder as the other equipment was second nature. Afterwards I was sat into the van we were doing the training on where I was asked a few questions and that was that

As you could gather I failed as I misinterpreted a question instead of generalizing the question making my pre flight checks, i made the checks so as though was taking the van out on a long journey and didn’t mention the checks you would have in a lorry which i take part the blame for but something which should of been mentioned in the training… the lack of ■■■■■ given about my failings was ■■■■■■■ annoying

I was never shown round the vehicle as i would have expected to make sure i knew how the checks would be done etc. Needless to say I’ve booked my training elsewhere with a test this week as said above the lack of care was non existent i asked then that i wanted the retest booked asap where i was told id be given a call…needless to say I’m still waiting…granted i did make a call to be told i couldn’t get a test until the 12th of august which was no good to me.

I couldn’t tell you what the hgv training is like but i can tell.you i won’t be finding out too soon either.

Cheers

Jonny :sunglasses:

That does not seem very good Johnny

I cannot see how sitting at a PC helps that much with mod 4 because its a practical test

1 hour of practical training then in for that test is usually all that is required

I always send the candidate revision material a week or so before test, then the day of test I get them to come in 2 hours before test to show them the restraining equipment and go through the questions

Never had a fail in 4 years so like to think I’ve got it perfected.

Paul :smiley:

As I said rog I wouldn’t barely call it training. I was never shown around the vehicle just expected to know what to look for thankfully ive had to do walk around checks at work moving the wagons (well I didn’t have to but out of courtesy checking for defects) it was the fact when doing the in cab checks I didn’t mention checking the height indicator as the van didn’t have one etc which I should have said if I was in a wagon od check the height indicator make sure it was set properly etc all the training was was being sut in the van being asked a few questions an hour or so before my test. they also give you a booklet where I was told candidates who didn’t read it have never passed…due to the answers being in there…instead of taking time to teach the candidates its like having to self teach.

I don’t doubt that l&t don’t do a good job but as said above there was a lad sat next to me being.told to watch the clips of the test routes…not being funny but if I’m paying 1200 of my hard earned (that’s the quote for doing your artic license!) I don’t want to be sat at the computer I want to be out driving making sure I’m getting things right, making sure the reverse is down to a T etc. Not being sut at a computer looking at videos that are already available on YouTube that I could watch in my free time.

Gutted I failed as well as I had passed on all bits apart from one. Bring on Wednesday, hopefully the training will be a bit better as such!

Cheers

Jonny :sunglasses:

I know this post is a few years old now, life got in the way and I never got round to doing my class two the first time.

Thankfully that changed today and I passed this morning with L&T :slight_smile:

Didn’t read the whole post but congrats on your pass mate.

T3LMY:
I know this post is a few years old now, life got in the way and I never got round to doing my class two the first time.

Thankfully that changed today and I passed this morning with L&T :slight_smile:

:smiley: :smiley: