Recovery vehicle Spec lift question

ant1379:
now that’s were I was reading it wrong then. So basically to cut a long story short if tomorrow whilst im out in my 10 ton tilt and slide with spec lift, recovering a car I get another break down on the way back which I spec and take to a garage. A-am I illegal or B-in a gray area that could possibly not be inforced? could I ask why neither dvla or vosa will give me a straight answer either way? Also in the vosa guidelines to licences they give an example of a 17 ton recovery towing a car needing a c+e licence. Could you tell me why they have used 17 ton as an example■■? many thanks and sorry for going over and over the same question im just interested in all the ins and outs.

Right, now you are getting it. :slight_smile:

The 17 tonne truck is just an example. The weight only matters in ensuring you do not exceed the maximum weight for the truck.

Sounds perfectly legal to me so neither illegal or a grey area (assuming you have a Class 1 licence).

Questions to DVLA oe VOSA have to be worded carefully, and even then you may not get a straight answer. They don’t want us to know as much as them, do they? :slight_smile: