Red Dragon driving school Cardiff

Hey everyone, just about to book my training for Class 2 then Class 1 & I’m just wondering if anybody on here has had any experience (good or bad) with them as so far I’ve had 1 positive & 1 negative opinion!! Thanks to anyone who can help.

Hi and welcome to the forum. I don’t know Red Dragon (they’re a long way from me) but they do appear on the Recommended List on this forum. I’ve had a look at the website; they don’t make any daft claims. I would want to visit (as always) and check what the vehicles are like. I’m not convinced that they will be running the trucks shown on the site - though that is only my gut feeling and not based in fact.

IMO they have fallen into the trap of not clearly displaying their fees - but that doesn’t make them bad trainers.

Good luck with your decision, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Before you book, have a look at Big Wheelers, based in llanishen. I passed all my tests with them and found them very helpful and a decent price.
Also they give you the option to do your class 1 in an artic or wagon and drag, with 1 to 1 or 2 to 1 tuition, again all up to your preferance.

Thanks both for the reply, I actually considered Big Wheelers first but I got a recommendation for Red Dragon through someone I know!! This is such a bloody awkward decision!!! Haha!!

So book asessments at both! Simples!!

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

I considered that but thought it’d be a waste of their time but I think I will actually do that. Thanks again.

No pictures of their rigid fleet, although from the placeholders they’re the old style CF’s (just like their artic), to be honest, not a bad vehicle to drive, in my experience anyway. Infact there’s a picture of the dash from that model in my gallery album if you want to familiarize yourself with it.

I did both my class 2 and class 1 with Red dragon back in 2007. I went there for my class 2 due to my desire to get my class 2 and it was there or Brighton. I went back there voluntarily straight after do my class 1.

I liked the trainers then, prices seemed fair and people seemed easy to get along with. I passed both tests first time so I got the product I wanted at the time I wanted at a price I was prepared to pay.

That is about it for me, hope that helps some

Paul

Couldn’t get an assessment with Red Dragon for at least a month so I will do my training with Big Wheelers. Had an assessment for Class 2 today & he suggested 20 hours, so I shall hopefully pass my theory & hazzard perception in a little over a week then get started!!

Couldn’t get an assessment with Red Dragon for at least a month

I find that amazing! Many trainers rely on assessments for bookings - so not to make them available for a month seems a bit wappy to me.

But I’m pleased you’ve made your decision and wish you all the best with your training and test.

The reason the gave me was that they are in the process of changing their trucks due to a new legislation for November…

I can’t imagine that anyone would need to change their trucks to cope with carrying a load of 5 tonnes. But if that’s their reason, so be it.