eddie stobart training

hi rabb269 here later this morning i have an interview with stobarts to get on their lgv training scheme anyone any advice?

Yes don’t do it

Do do it, and if they’re paying why not? It gets your foot in the door.

Let me know how it goes. I was considering the scheme as a newbie and way in to the industry

hi guys thank you for the comments the interview went well got accepted on the course with no guarantee of employment and i am paying for the training however the foot will be in the door as they say…

So you might not get a job out if it plus you have to pay for it…

What do stobarts do then?

So they describe it as a scheme but really its just another driving school. I assumed it would more or less be a guaranteed job afterwards. Otherwise its just an expensive driving school. You might as well just do your training somewhere cheaper then just apply to Stobarts afterwards if that’s what you want

They used to pay for it and then gave u a job, if you left you had to pay it back.

There was members on here that have done it.

That’s the kind of thing would help people get a start in this industry. I would like the chance to do something like that

My comment was in jest but has it happens with stobarts what can you expect …

theshed:
My comment was in jest but has it happens with stobarts what can you expect …

And he’s paying himself with no job guarantee. I retract my post. You might as well go to another training school which will no doubt be cheaper then just apply for a job.

Sounds like a training course you could get elsewhere tbh, and cheaper probably.

Sounds like Aspreys of willenhall wanted me to work 6 weeks for nothing then an interview after with no job guarantee of a job dont think so lol :smiley:

hi all been on the training course all this week test tomorrow i ll post what happens?

Yes please, mate. And good luck tomorrow :slight_smile:

Good luck and I hope they give you a job once you’ve passed.

Good luck. Got my C+E test tomorrow too

Does anyone know, what rates of pay does Stobart offer their day trampers.
Pay per hour, night out, meal allowance, do they pay for parking at services, and any other bonuses.
How do they treat their drivers?
Pm me if you prefer to keep it off main forum.
I’m thinking about joining them but haven’t a clue what to expect.
Thanks

What’s that Stobart training scheme all about, and do they pay for it?

hkloss1:
What’s that Stobart training scheme all about, and do they pay for it?

Stobbys have their own training centre at Widnes and the lucky ones who pass the interview and qualify for it get weeks of training for both C and CE licences as well as training for all the other aspects they should need

I suspect they sign a contract to work for stobbys for X amount of time or pay back a certain amount pro rata if they leave early

This was shown on TV a few times over the past few years

theshed:
Yes don’t do it

:laughing: :laughing: Sorry, this just tickled me :grimacing:

Go for it mate, you will at least get a foot in the door which is really important.