Agency work

Jmarks1227:

avfcnat82:

Jmarks1227:
Wondering if anyone could share any info or stories about working for agency as a new driver.
I’ve been applying for permanent positions, but hearing nothing back. And applied at a Few agencies an heard back from them, but still waiting for my license to come back.
Is it really that bad that could just be thrown a set of keys an paperwork, an told to get on with it.
Is agency work really hit an miss, ones I’ve looked at are guaranteeing regular on going work.

I’m liverpool/warrington/Manchester based. So any good reliable agencies around here?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Hi Jmarks,
Sounds daft but have you got a well written CV? I paid £10 on eBay for mine to be wrote correctly, I have applied for four jobs, 2 class C and then 2 class 1… applied directly, not through indeed, as I found indeed were missing information off my CV. All of the jobs I applied for I got a response back and interview. And have just landed a class 1 job with culina, decent money and good hours and as a new pass I’m over the moon with what they have offered me… £10 well spent!

I do have a professional cv written up. But it doesn’t include my licenses on it yet. Something I need to add on.
I added my cv to my indeed profile, but like you it doesn’t add everything an it’s not got the same look to it as when it’s been done properly.
When you applied directly, did you just find the companies email, an send it to them that way?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Hi, I had an idea in mind as to who I wanted to work for, I didn’t want the agency route as I couldn’t risk it, I’d see the roles on indeed then apply directly on the web page and just uploaded my CV… Tesco, culina, warburtons and xpo all responseded