Weekly driving hours

I know we can increase driving hours to 10 hours per day 2 times per ‘week’. But is the ‘week’ defined as between times of weekly rest or 00:00 Monday and 24:00 Sunday?

Yes twice in the fixed week.
Meaning if you happened to work Saturday, Sunday, Monday and Tuesday you could do 10 hours driving each day.

Extended driving hours is worked out on a fixed week basis, but reduced daily rests is on a working week basis between two weekly rests.
Why? No idea!

Sent from my FRD-L09 using Tapatalk

A fixed week is 00:00 Monday to 23:59:59 Sunday.

• You can drive for 56 hours in a fixed week.
  • You can drive for 90 hours in 2 consecutive fixed weeks.
  • You can extend the daily driving time to 10 hours twice in a fixed week.
  • You can have reduced weekly rest periods 3 times between weekly rest periods.

The 2 extended days I was told are legal to do back to back, but is very frowned upon by vosa . Is this true

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The 2 extended days I was told are legal to do back to back, but is very frowned upon by vosa . Is this true

I don’t understand why VOSA (DVSA) would frown on it. They are the enforcement agency and the rules are totally clear. In fact, as stated earlier in the thread, possible to do 4 x 10 hour drives on the bounce. Presumably DVSA would have a nervous breakdown if they found this!

Put very simply, stick to the rules and you cant go wrong. But also, make an innocent mistake as a newbie, and no-one’s going to prison.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Airbag1uk:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There’s no reason why the DVSA would frown upon something that’s perfectly legal and safe to do.

Sent from my mobile.