AA recovery driver

Cheemap:
Thanks for your reply Harry.

You say there’re no targets but I’m sure I’ve read somewhere that they have productivity targets where by they measure you on how many customers you service or it’s worked out on mileage? I can’t remember exactly what it was related to but I’m sure a few people were moaning about if they were locally it was ok you woul meet these targets but if you went far to drop someone off and didn’t have a load to bring back then these would be counted against you??

I’m still waiting to be called in for the recruitment day which is direct with the company but I’ve since seen agencies advertise for the same job role and are getting people interviews for this month.

I was also going to ask how long after joining do they train you up in class 1 as that was one of the reasons I was attracted to this job as well as getting into a well known company.

Thanks again for answering my questions

There are no targets… I’ve been driving for over five years on recovery so trust me on that. We used to get paid a bonus but it all went south, no-one forces or expects you to sign up new members, you’re a driver. Running empty means nothing at all, you can sit in the yard all day when there is no work or no trucks. No penalties.

Until very recently it took 2 years to get CE, but now they can’t get any pretrained so they are speeding it up. It did get cancelled for a while.