Criminal convictions

dcgpx:
Having dealt with this situation as a recruiter in the past I can assure you not all firms will be - No chance !

As has been said already if they don’t ask you don’t have to tell them but my advice is do tell

Why -? Because at some point they more than likely will find out. All it takes is for you to have a passing comment with someone and it opens up a can of worms.

Most application forms have the tick box regards convictions and a lot of firms miss its been ticked.

Have you thought about preparing a statement of disclosure that explains circumstances of offending and what you’ve done to turn it around?

These can go along way to helping an application.

I’ve had applications and thought hmmm not sure when I’ve seen convictions but after asking I’ve had it explained and received the statement of disclosure and it’s obvious they are trying hard and have made a difference in moving forward so I’ve hired.

This way there’s no chance you’ve broken any Rehab Act laws and company fully aware.

No idea if you’ve any conditions imposed from the offence since but any breach will be taken as guilty first ask later.

It might make it more difficult getting in the door but at least your not going to constantly worry what if they find out etc.

However it’s your choice but my opinion is to be transparent from get go

Best of luck looking

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Excellent idea!